Scottish independence?

• Yes please

Votes: 99 56.6%
  • No thanks

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Dont know yet

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
I'm watching it an hour behind at the currency bit and salmond looks well shakey when does it turn around?

I disagree. It's a no score draw for me. A strong finish for Salmond but a poor one for Darling.

I missed the first 20 mins because of STV being crap. But throughout Salmond appeared relaxed, prepared and indulgent. Darling darling wagged his finger, stumbled his words, refused some direct questions and clearly relied on his set piece talking pieces. I won't pretend salmond didn't have his own prepped positions and facts, but he got away with it because it looked like salmond was smiling. His foe looked agry and desperate.

on a side note I have never watched STV before and its weird to have every person on the program having a scots accent.

It is a strange thing though, the UK is just a small collection of islands, yes there is variety, but do there really need to be different countries?

Darling left an open goal at a number of points - e.g. 'poorer parts' - but Salmond failed to score. Darling missed some open goals too. E.g. currency union: he should have asked Salmond how he was going to force the rUK into a currency union. He also missed asking why Salmond was happy to obey Brussels but not obey Westminster.

I really didn't like the format of the debate, with the switching to the commentators and the other politicos and the ad breaks.

Something else occurred to me: the rest of the U.K. has benefited greatly from oil; but before the oil was discovered, how much did Scotland benefit from the rest of the U.K.?

More confident yes. More able? That's where he failed to score. And I don't know about more informed.
As has been said, he was talking to the voters, Darling was only attacking him. Nearly every time Darling used a 'fact', Salmond turned it back on him.

Corby local radio is great, it's listenership is so small you get your request played 90% of the time. I once phoned in Metallica's 'Drummer Boy' tune and pissed off the whole factory

A pal of mine used to do the graveyard shift on Central FM based out of Stirling/Falkirk. He had to answer the phones as well as playing the music, and cueing up the syndicated news etc. Anyway, he quickly tired of his friends phoning up the station at 2am on a Saturday morning asking for something a million miles off the playlist "Got any Alien Sex Fiend?" "No, fuck off"

BBC news said after the debate that the impressions of those that watched it matched the current polling, i.e. 56% preferred Darling.

I really didn't like the format of the debate, with the switching to the commentators and the other politicos and the ad breaks.

as you know, I'm pro indy because I despise....well too many things to mention. But I did think the moderator was a bit partial towards salmond.

Couldn't watch it but Guardian/ICM poll's putting this at 56/44 to Darling. :hmm:
Eta as in won the debate.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-scotland-live#block-53e142e1e4b0dcb8d71f7631
init!

and this graphic
8f4cf6f4-d7ff-4de9-9ca6-930a6b98f271-460x276.jpeg

yes it was a ICM poll
More from the Guardian/ICM poll
Men: Darling 62% Salmond 38%
Women: Darling 52% Salmond 48%
17-34: Darling 60% Salmond 40%
35-54: Darling 48% Salmond 52%
55+: Darling 61%; Salmond 39%

They didn't. ICM did in a proper poll for the Guardian - all other early polling indicates similar results.

So it just appears to be reflecting voting intentions rather than who did better in the debate? As I said, didn't see it but would be v surprised if Darling debated better than Salmond.

Back
Top Bottom