Scottish independence?

• Yes please

Votes: 99 56.6%
  • No thanks

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Dont know yet

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
Yes really. What do you think KAT in the first picture of the bonfire I posted stands for? 'Kill All Taigs'.

I can only see KA so cannot interpret further.

Just look at the image weepiper posted before. It was Irish flags all over it. That is not just some statement against the IRA.

Indeed: solidarity with their brethren in NI in the fight against the republican terrorists who would see a united Ireland against the will of the people of Northern Ireland. It's still wrong. They should be promoting the positive, celebrating the Union, rather than the negative. And anyway, the UDF, IRA, etc were more gangsters than terrorists.

I can only see KA so cannot interpret further.

Indeed: solidarity with their brethren in NI in the fight against the republican terrorists who would see a united Ireland against the will of the people of Northern Ireland. It's still wrong. They should be promoting the positive, celebrating the Union, rather than the negative. And anyway, the UDF, IRA, etc were more gangsters than terrorists.

Here's a better view.

kat.jpg

and a couple of others

kat2.jpg
kat3.jpg

Can you 'interpret' it now?

These are in NI btw, not Scotland. We may harbour a lot of people who agree with them but I don't think we'd tolerate massive bonfires like this here.

Quartz, do you know what FTP means? KAT means what weeps says it means. If you have never experienced the BS and bigotry that goes on in some areas be grateful for that, but just because you have not much knowledge of it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
The number of weegies I've met in the NE who have expressed relief that this shit doesn't happen up here is nearly 100% of them.

KAT gets spraypainted all over certain areas of belfast, the ardoyne etc- theres zero ambiguity there really. I was watching a docu ('belfast bombs and peace walls' iirc). Pair of young catholic women were saying that you don't feel safe walking around with KAT tags everywhere.

Anyway, back to Indy folks :D WTF was Chaz Kennedy on on QT the other night? I watched a small snippet on youtube and he said historic 3 times in about 6 words :confused:

I'll take your word as to what KAT means there. But even if it means something else, as I said above, it's still wrong. The perception is the reality.

If you are steadfastly happy to cling to your own stupendous idiotic ignorance then fine. But google is but a keystroke away and will make clear, even to you, what KAT means. Simple really...

If you are steadfastly happy to cling to your own stupendous idiotic ignorance then fine. But google is but a keystroke away and will make clear, even to you, what KAT means. Simple really...

Actually, Google turned up 97 definitions. You were saying?

The Northern Ireland conflict was and still is much more complex than the IRA fighting against democracy. They were a manifestation from a civil rights movement that had perceived to have failed. The protestant response to that within Northern Ireland was also a predictable response to tactical, and often cold IRA attacks. For the vast majority on both sides, it is difficult to blame individuals. They genuinely thought what they were doing was in the interests of their community.

When I look at these bonfires and some of the marches, I wonder what is the point. Are they really wanting to make a tradition of burning symbols of the Republic of Ireland? When this sort of stuff comes to Scotland, I really do wonder what the point of it is. We have our own history of Catholic-Protestant conflict and rivalry. I would not understand why anyone would celebrate Culloden or the Massacre of Glen Coe.

The Northern Ireland conflict was and still is much more complex than the IRA fighting against democracy.

Both the IRA and the Unionist militias disguised being gangsters with a veneer of sectarianism.

When I look at these bonfires and some of the marches, I wonder what is the point.

I totally agree. Racial / religious / whatever - it's all wrong.

Both the IRA and the Unionist militias disguised being gangsters with a veneer of sectarianism.

What a ridiculous historically ignorant thing to say.

Scottish independence poll shows stalling Yes vote

An ICM survey, conducted for Scotland on Sunday, shows backing for Yes stands at 34 per cent, a fall of 2 percentage points since a comparable poll last month.

The decline in support for Yes has been matched by a two point rise for No, which has increased its backing to 45 per cent since June

With Don't knows excluded this means 43/57 for Yes/No. Don't think this is really significant, at least not in terms of movement. But obv not good for Yes when the timetable is taken into account.

With Don't knows excluded this means 43/57 for Yes/No. Don't think this is really significant, at least not in terms of movement. But obv not good for Yes when the timetable is taken into account.

That is what I was thinking. That it is showing no real movement, but when taking polls together it looks like a very slight increase in No vote relative to Yes. I am still thinking the polls that have it a bit closer are more accurate, but it is still difficult to say if that is hope. Do YouGov use that panel, internet site for their sample? If so, I really do think there will be issues with it. Likewise, I suspect there may be large regional variations. I doubt that a sample of 1,000 people would pick up most of that.

Expect hundreds more of these PR stunts from Better Together.

despite my sadface I don't think a Corby result thus is indicative really- for starters its a faux vote of no significance and then you have to factor in that the scots or 2nd 3rd gen scots in corby are people who have lived and worked in england for decades. Their lot has been cast some time ago etc.

And its not 100% scots anyway, for every uniquely intriguing scots/northants hybrid corby accent you've a dozen others.

I just thought corby might vote yes to indy. Based on not much except personal belief

Back
Top Bottom