Scottish independence?

• Yes please

Votes: 99 56.6%
  • No thanks

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Dont know yet

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
Right, become a right big cunt. Shaft over anyone you meet that is not a direct family relative. Lobby parliament so no-one can emulate you.

If you choose to behave like that it would be your choice. Personally, I'd be selling the paper immediately after the successful independence vote: the reputation garnered by campaigning for independence would be worth quite a bit - 'The paper that won it for Scotland' and all that. There's still time, so why don't you do it?

unless you want to be more than a fanzine you have to do more than simply push one issue

True, but you let the newspaper do that. You encourage their normal journalism; you just set the editorial policy. Push Yes in a good proportion of the editorials. Place Yes articles more prominently. Etc. That's how the other papers do it.

Anyway, I'll go off and make a billion in stocks and stuff like that. All I need is a good idea. I think I will invest my savings in dairy companies. Loads of people eat cheese. No brainer.

Two sheds, speak to Cameron about buying some hospitals. Tell him I will bring some cash once people buy some dairy products.

Last edited:
Cheeky: there's a blimp over north Aberdeen with 'Oui' written on it. There are a lot of French here at the moment but somehow I don't think the message on the blimp is really aimed at them.

I did sort of wonder if that bloke might be having early-stage Alzehimer's or similar. His whole delivery was very odd.

However, it's also true that such odd people do exist and I just don't tend to encounter them at all often. (I would run away fast if I did).

Definitely a touch of Ian Paisley about him, though. :eek:

ETA: aw fuck...I knew the flags rang a bell, I am tired and just saw a massive pallet bonfire that I wanted to light. :facepalm:

I don't know for certain, but I imagine that if you managed to light it before the Orange types did, they would be all sad and frustrated and you would have had your firey fun, which sounds all right. :)

You've probably missed your chance for this year but I suppose they'll be at it again next year. And again and again. :(

Edit: Just had a thought. The bastards probably guard their big firewood heaps precisely so that no-one can spoil their "fun".

Are you in England? What is your take on this? The perception I get is England is getting a very jaundiced view of Scotland. I think there is an issue around the fact that if the SNP/Plaid were the deciding factors on education and health policies in England there would be something of a crisis. I would like to see Salmond in an independent Scotland, that's when Scottish politics would get interesting.

I don't have a high opinion of Salmond and the SNP but you don't have to be SNP to support Scottish independence. My bottom line is that I don't think England would be a better country without Scotland. And if I moved north of the border I'd be attracted by a Catalan type option (which in practice isn't far from the model Salmon is offering for an 'independent' Scotland anyway). But England and Scotland are parochial enough as it is and going out into an expanding world as Norway and Spain instead of one of the four main European states does not sound very attractive.

I would find the arguments from the likes of Tommy Sheridan to vote yes to get the Tories off your back as tempting. But I remember after Ken Livingstone's re-election the idea of London becoming a Singapore style independent city state being floated in certain circles. What could possibly have gone wrong.

What I do find frustrating in England is whining and moaning about the Scots and Welsh wanting a different relationship with Westminster but outside the metropolitan areas have no intelligent narrative of their own on devolution or federation. Apart from some bunch of fringe weirdos called the English Democrats who just seem to be Kippers who want free prescriptions.

Last edited:
I believe that's a Health & Safety requirement these days.
quiz16.jpg

Back
Top Bottom