Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will Hurricane Milton be a dud or will it be paradise lost?

Serene

Slightly disgruntled
Hurrican Milton is predicted to hit florida this evening ( East coast time ), and they are saying it will be the worst in 100 years. I imagine the storm-swell might also be full of very angry and pissed-off Alligators.

A woman on R4 earlier was saying in her town, 30% of people -- many of them elderly -- live in mobile homes so if they didn't leave, it'd be disastrous. 30% is really high, no?

Reactions: tim
A woman on R4 earlier was saying in her town, 30% of people -- many of them elderly -- live in mobile homes so if they didn't leave, it'd be disastrous. 30% is really high, no?
I am surprised there are any of those left after the last one a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Sue
I’ve been thinking about flora and fauna and how these increasingly powerful storms affect them.
Land and sea.

Unlike the human pensioners living in trailers they will have evolved to cope with such events This is being billed as a the worst hurricane in a century. A century isn't that long and the flora and fauna have been around for millennia.

I'm sure Trump will be there as soon as practicable, to ensure that the faithful still turn out to vote for him.

...If there are any polling stations left or postboxes for mail-in ballots, that is.

He may even offer them a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy a monogrammed Trump survival tent, water purification tablets and ration pack... for the very reasonable price of $200.00.

We have friends in Miami, which is on the East and not where Milton makes landfall, but Florida is flat and it’s still going to be horrible.

Last edited:
It will surely kill some animals, though, will it not?

Obviously, but we don't value the life wildlife in the same ways that we do humans, pets, or livestock. Animals and plants that are killed will be consumed by other organisms and those that aren't will reproduce and fill the niche that they've left.

Back
Top Bottom