Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will Gary Lineker be presenting Motd on Saturday?

That requires some humility which is sadly lacking in senior management.

Wonder how many are going to get thrown under the bus to save the face of the top dog
Not sure how that works, though, given that everyone knows this was Davie's decision, and if rumours are true, it was not a popular decision with other senior managers. I know Davie is a marketing man and spin doctor at heart, but I'm not sure how he can spin this as not his fault. How could it ever not be his decision to suspend his corporation's biggest star?

Not sure how that works, though, given that everyone knows this was Davie's decision, and if rumours are true, it was not a popular decision with other senior managers. I know Davie is a marketing man and spin doctor at heart, but I'm not sure how he can spin this as not his fault. How could it ever not be his decision to suspend his corporation's biggest star?
And equally, he can't come out with it and say 'I did it because we are beholden to the Tories'

would be interested to see what the viewing figures are - how many started watching as to how many watched all the way through.
It was watched by 2.58 million viewers.
Up nearly 500,000 from last week.
The shows biggest audience since 5th November 2022. (2.63m)
I guess that many tuned in out of curiosity to see how it would work..

Yep, exactly that for me. I dip into MOTD, perhaps every 3 weeks and last night I watched about 3 minutes of it out of curiosity. I doubt the Beeb will be be happy about the increase in viewing figures (in as much as those figures are ever accurate), more people watching to observe the shambles.

Curious viewing and some "owning the libs" types. Various comments on social media saying that this is the MotD they have "always wanted" and so on. Yeah, sure it is.

More upsetting is how the original tweet has been twisted beyond all recognition, ie Gary Lineker wants uncontrolled immigration, Gary Lineker wants the working class to suffer etc.

There's devious people out there.

Looks like the Graun has finally read the room and realised they can’t massage it.

Observer columnist. They had to contract out for it 😂

By the way the accusation that it we as a well meant but clumsy tweet is something I refute.
He knew exactly the visibility he'd create by calling them Nazis without actually calling them Nazis.

I remember the re animated corpse of Tebbit writing a bit for the telegraph harping on this big heap of old bollocks. Years ago now. Traditional conservatives and the centre right welcomed hitler because they liked and agreed with the ideology and saw the fascist movement in europe as a whole as a bulwark against communism. The only began to regret it when he started losing the war.

all nameless i guess.
I can’t really be arsed getting into an argument about it tbh but it’s happened to at least one poster on here where their employer has been contacted for mischief making by a person unknown presumably to get them sacked. Maybe the term ‘cancel culture’ is what you object to and it isn’t a hill I’m willing to die on. But let’s not pretend that doxing and contacting employers over political posts online doesn’t happen as it patently does.

I can’t really be arsed getting into an argument about it tbh but it’s happened to at least one poster on here where their employer has been contacted for mischief making by a person unknown presumably to get them sacked. Maybe the term ‘cancel culture’ is what you object to and it isn’t a hill I’m willing to die on. But let’s not pretend that doxing and contacting employers over political posts online doesn’t happen as it patently does.
Brian is an early example I suppose

Back
Top Bottom