Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will Gary Lineker be presenting Motd on Saturday?

Just one woman who saw him in that fucking Suarez shirt and never forgot. He does seem like a decent lad, really, but I've never been able to let that go. Renounce him and I'll forgive you Jordy x

Edit: turns out he regrets it. So I'll think about it :D
Can’t remember who, but at least one of the reds said ‘ohh fuck, we got that wrong’ later. Either Jordy or Carra

Yes, accurate.

But also satisfyingly forensic.

Or and rather than but iyswim.
It's important because Lineker was measured in his remarks. He wasn't drunk-posting. He'd thought about it and he said something very specific, which he has since not backed down from even one tiny bit - precisely because he'd thought about it and knew how to counter any objection. He's far from stupid, and he's acquitted himself very well here.

it's not pedantic to point that out.

It's important because Lineker was measured in his remarks. He wasn't drunk-posting. He'd thought about it and he said something very specific, which he has since not backed down from even one tiny bit - precisely because he'd thought about it and knew how to counter any objection. He's far from stupid, and he's acquitted himself very well here.

it's not pedantic to point that out.

I was talking more about dlr’s comment, which is pertinent, though to my mind possibly overly academic for a culture wars slanging match.

Personally, I think what Lineker said appeared to have coherence for some purely by chance, but I don’t have a great problem with that.

I’m mostly just enjoying the fireworks.

I’m also not sure at what point in the 1930’s the Jews were trying to enter Germany in small boats.

Back
Top Bottom