Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will Gary Lineker be presenting Motd on Saturday?

Footballers are generally from WC backgrounds and a lot of them are from immigrant families. Pro football is well unionised. Yes those in the Premier league make an obscene amount of money, but it's lovely watching the right wing press and politicians misjudge them completely. Makes you proud 🥲 hope Badgers is following this with glee <3

Wow.

The likes of Wrighty making a stand, I expected. But this has snowballed magnificently.

(and credit to Wrighty here. If he hadn't started it rolling...)
Yeah, honestly do wonder if he hadn't kicked it off, and possibly indirectly (or directly :D ) put a bit of pressure on Shearer, whether this would have all happened.

May be doing the Newcastle man a disservice, but still, don't think the impact of Wright's decision can be overlooked.

Wow.

The likes of Wrighty making a stand, I expected. But this has snowballed magnificently.

(and credit to Wrighty here. If he hadn't started it rolling...)
Yeah, I think Ian Wright's post was a key part in this, noticeably the word "Solidarity". I think we knew before this that he's a top bloke.

Shearer didn't use that (powerful) word, which is telling, but at least he followed Lineker and Wright's lead.

I'm not a fan but Shearer is a man of principal. It's in his blood.
Like when he was jumping for joy at his club being taken over by the Saudi state?

I don't actually hate Shearer but he's a good example of one of the biggest problems with football fans. Will excuse anything if it means success for their club.

Yeah, I think Ian Wright's post was a key part in this, noticeably the word "Solidarity". I think we knew before this that he's a top bloke.

Shearer didn't use that (powerful) word, which is telling, but at least he followed Lineker and Wright's lead.
Leave him alone, he couldn't find his glasses.

Tory tossers really are incompetent if they thought the right 'riposte' to Lineker speaking a bit of a truth was to have the BBC bosses insult their own loyal viewers on their behalf. Or since it is because of questioning this open sewer of a government, over to you representatives of the UN dodgers.

Last edited:

Worth a boycott for any working class footy fan. I don't watch it myself but I suspect this will backfire on the already crumbling corporation. Who'd of thought it would be Gary to shift the sands :)
Yeah, I have no real interest in the Premiership (well, not now Reading aren't in it 🤣 ) , and don't watch it, though mates do, religiously. ( there was a night club in Reading, before the internet, that had a telly with MotD on that we all had to go to, for that sole reason).

It will be interesting to see what the viewing figures are - will they be down a lot of people boycott it or will apolical/right wing football fans make a point of tuning in?

Back
Top Bottom