Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will Gary Lineker be presenting Motd on Saturday?

Fq4l_TcX0AQ2DtJ

It’s not over yet…

“The Times' chief football writer, Henry Winter, hints that the backlash against the BBC could intensify over their actions concerning Gary Lineker.

Winter says many Premier League football players are "keen to show support for ex-pro pundits who step aside" from Match of the Day.

He says the Professional Footballers' Association will also fully support players who might face fines for not completing required broadcasts, should they choose not to.”

BBC

It’s not over yet…

“The Times' chief football writer, Henry Winter, hints that the backlash against the BBC could intensify over their actions concerning Gary Lineker.

Winter says many Premier League football players are "keen to show support for ex-pro pundits who step aside" from Match of the Day.

He says the Professional Footballers' Association will also fully support players who might face fines for not completing required broadcasts, should they choose not to.”

BBC
Shame Villa are playing on Sunday, my boyfriend Tyrone Mings would hold no punches.

eta: I genuinely haven't played silly buggers with the name on this one Danny :D

MP David Gauke clearly thinks Gary shared his opinions on MotD itself :facepalm: "let sports presenters present sport without overly bothering about their political beliefs" stick to polo there's a good chap.

This is so good. I really hope the commentators and the players refuse to talk to them too. Just highlights from Wolves vs Southampton while Daz (Leicester City 4eva, hates wokes and lefties) tells anybody who'll listen how it's better without the pundits actually.
Beautiful innit. Current and former pros backing each other coming as a massive surprise to the BBC.

'kinell, even Piers Morgan has come out on Lineker's side

'Sackable offence to express an opinion' - Piers Morgan​

Piers Morgan has posted a number of tweets on the subject of the BBC pulling Gary Lineker from presenting Match of the Day tomorrow.
He described the BBC's decision as "pathetically spineless".
He wrote: "I now demand the BBC suspend every presenter who has made publiccomment about news or current affairs - starting with Sir David Attenborough andLord Sugar."
A later tweet says: "It’s now a sackable offence in Britain to express an opinion. What a pathetic state of affairs. #lineker"

This is just genuinely brilliant. The most ridiculous thing becoming a step too far.

in the Russian revolution it was punctuation, in the UK it’s football commentary.

It’s fucking brilliant. All we need now is for BECTU to pitch in too

It's really nice to hear from the quiet majority of non-arseholes for once. And an encouraging sign that Sunak, Braverman et al's strategy of doing absolutely nothing about the state of the country and just ranting shit about immigrants instead is doomed to fail.

You were clearly not at Wembley in 1988 when Reading won the Simod cup final.

The only football game I've been at was some Villa game in the 80's in which I sat bored in the cold and waited to get taken home while wishing people would sit down as I couldn't see the pitch.

The only football game I've been at was some Villa game in the 80's in which I sat bored in the cold and waited to get taken home while wishing people would sit down as I couldn't see the pitch.
See, it's such an easy sport to get the hang of; one game and you're a natural!

• Wow
Reactions: Sue
This is just genuinely brilliant. The most ridiculous thing becoming a step too far.

in the Russian revolution it was punctuation, in the UK it’s football commentary.

It’s fucking brilliant. All we need now is for BECTU to pitch in too
(((BECTU reps trying to enjoy their Friday night)))

Back
Top Bottom