Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why the lib-dems are shit

butchersapron

Bring back hanging
Here's your chance to post up why the lib-dems are shit - personalities and policies.

Starters - Nick Clegg supports private education and health-care, has used the latter to jump NHS ques and has said he will use the former to transmit his own massive privilege to his sons.

Nick Clegg is a slippery bastard who would quite happily run any political party no matter what their policies were.

Which pisses me off as my local bloke is pretty decent and I'm on the verge of voting for him instead of the loonies. (help me)

Because the Orange Book on which current party policy is based is a classic example of me-too deranged neo-liberal let the market run free thinking that betrays the legacy of a 150 years of liberal social thought.

Because the half who aren't C19th liberal free market fundamentalists are the judas scum of the SDP: Thatcher's useful idiots.

were the council that tried to reduce pay and tighten conditions in leeds refuse department that led to the seven week strike by binworkers

cut elderly care in richmond upon thames

support privatisation of council housing

helped remove islington iwca members from a board of the new deal for communities

support part privatisation of post office (before full privatisaton?)

threw away or sold off 35,000 library books annually in camden council in coalition with the tories

privatised swansea council's it department leading to a strike

ad nauseam

Because Lembit Opiks uncle Oscar was the Estonian Quisling. And lembit himself played at being an anarchist whilst at Bristol University.

Clegg's wife's dad was a right wing Partido Popular MP and he hasn't repudiated this (or even felt a need to) same with his public school past in fact he returned to try and gain support there.

Lib Dems in Tower Hamlets flirted with racism as a local vote winner in the late 80s.

1) They flirted with racism at the last council elections HERE....!!

2) They said they would further privatise the post office, selling 49percent of it. Cunts

No he didn't? He was nowhere near them?

He was viewed the same then as he is now? Insincere, self-promoting, not to be be taken seriously..

He bloody did - through the anarcha-feminist group, i've seen their crappy mag (can't remember title - can check later) with his name in it.

For the promise of 'savage cuts' to public spending.

As the three main parties begin the conference season with competing proposals for how they would make spending cuts, Clegg used a Guardian interview to set out plans including a long-term freeze in the public sector pay bill, scaling back future public sector pensions, and withdrawing tax credits from the middle class. He is even prepared to examine means-testing universal child benefits, though he is cautious of destroying "middle-class solidarity" with the welfare state.

He bloody did - through the anarcha-feminist group, i've seen their crappy mag (can't remember title - can check later) with his name in it.

Are you sure? I guess you must be..

Long time ago, but he was seen as an opportunist kiss arse? He was nowhere near any of the 'big' demonstrations (the ones that made the Sun) as he was President, and as President he definitely was not aligned with the left, although he may have been before and swung.. If I recall he got that for his ability to down pints and eat creme eggs..

Are you sure? I guess you must be..

Long time ago, but he was seen as an opportunist kiss arse? He was nowhere near any of the 'big' demonstrations (the ones that made the Sun) as he was President, and as President he definitely was not aligned with the left, although he may have been before and swung.. If I recall he got that for his ability to down pints and eat creme eggs..

Creme eggs :D a more useful line of work that he should have pursued further.

Back
Top Bottom