Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

why the bbc is going down the pan

Really annoying me the BBC calling rapper/producer Sean Combs "Diddy" in their reporting. His name is Sean Combs, his stage name was Puff Daddy (twat), which was nicknamed into P Diddy over time becasue Puff Daddy is such a stupid name. Just saying Diddy is about as affectionate a name as you can use for this abuser. If anything call him Puff Daddy so it makes him sound like the arsehole he is.
cunt.png

Last edited:
Golden Wonder 6d bag

5c4f5490-cd3f-11ed-be2e-754a65c11505.jpg

Shit, a tanner is about 3p in new pence. Some fucking inflation there.

A crisp packet! Meh!

OK, the BBC journo is probably someone who thinks 50 years is a Very Long Time.

Not defending the BBC exactly (they are rubbish too) but the crisp packet is hardly alone. When you consider that all the toothbrushes you've ever used still exist it's sobering.

When you consider that all the toothbrushes you've ever used still exist it's sobering.
bamboo wooden toothbrushes exist. although I'm not sure what the bristles are made of.

I use an electric toothbrush so am stuck with plastic heads.

bamboo wooden toothbrushes exist. although I'm not sure what the bristles are made of.

I use an electric toothbrush so am stuck with plastic heads.
Well, BBC were plugging this the other day:

🤔

Well, BBC were plugging this the other day:

🤔

nice
but shame they've made the heads design only fit their own toothbrush base. I'd feel bad chucking a perfectly working motor etc in the bin.

bbcrap.png
err...wtf is this front page lead story from the BBC? Shackled and blindfolded? Thats a good news story compared to whats actually going on. Amazing propaganda framing

Last edited:
Jesus...some AFD cunt got stabbed...." injured with a knife in Mannheim when “confronting poster vandals" "

BBC reporting though has this: Germany: Knife attack wounds local AfD politician - report
"
The latest incident in Mannheim comes after an Afghan asylum seeker was detained on suspicion of fatally stabbing a 29-year-old police officer and wounding five campaigners opposed to radical Islam, who were preparing for a rally on Friday.
The killing has sparked outrage in Germany, prompting the government to say it may allow deportations to Afghanistan.
The 25-year-old suspect in that attack is said to have come to Germany as a refugee in 2013 and has since had two children. Deportations to Afghanistan were halted when the Taliban returned to power three years ago."

WTF has that got to do with this?

The BBC are required to respond swiftly. From OFCOMs website
"

Dealing with election-related broadcast complaints

During election periods, we operate a fast-track process to make sure all complaints about election coverage are assessed and, where necessary, investigated as quickly as possible. All broadcasters must engage with Ofcom on short timescales during this period.

We are likely to consider any breaches of election programming rules to be serious and this might result in us considering imposing sanctions on a broadcaster.

We have a dedicated Election Committee to consider significant election-related complaints during an election period. The Election Committee is a sub-committee of the Ofcom Board. The Committee considers and includes up to five people drawn from the Ofcom Board, the Content Board and/or Ofcom colleagues, as determined by the Chair of the Committee. The Chairman of the Election Committee is appointed by the Ofcom Board. Because of the importance of the cases it considers, the Election Committee will reach decisions in just a few days.

Complaints about content broadcast on the BBC are handled by the BBC in the first instance and we expect the BBC to deal with all election complaints it receives rapidly, so that if a viewer or listener isn’t happy with how the BBC deals with their complaint, it can be escalated to Ofcom to assess.
"

but is it my imagination or the pic they've chosen for Starmer quite flattering? like your online dating profile that's not as recent as it should be.

Why doesn't Ed Davey get a mention of his party either? It's not hard to take a single format and apply it consistently for something like that, surely.

BBC blames the 'lengthy process to evict tennants' for this guy's house being turned into a weed factory. Nothing to do with him being a dumbass who rented his house out via a bogus agency, no it's because we're too soft on tennants in this country.

Big segment on the news at 10 about the shady “tax and spend” plans of “both parties”.

Such a loaded phrase, used repeatedly, which echoes verbatim the old tory mantra of “tax and spend, tax and spend”. Especially given the tone of the program (that of a shocking exposé), the implication is clearly that all tax and investment is bad, and that government must be kept small. It was accompanied by a statement from the IFS, of course, with the other implication being that this is a completely neutral and non-ideological organisation.

On WatO today they had a package where Sarah Montague interviewed a woman who was attempting to predict the outcome of the US presidential election with asparagus. Then, predicting the next leader of the Tory party.
Here, at 42.23 World at One - 22/07/2024 - BBC Sounds
It used to be a news programme.
They were probably covering it because an outfit that used to be a newspaper ran with it

I put it to you, the BBC, and Sarah Montague that the woman was not in fact attempting any such thing, for asparagus does not have a user interface of that sort.
I phrased it badly. The asparagus is not taking part in the election. (So far.) From the indy:
An asparagus fortune teller predicted Joe Biden would step down from the 2024 US presidential race, but also predicted bad luck for Donald Trump.

Jemima Packington, the world’s only “asparamancer” and who foresaw Queen Elizabeth’s death and Brexit, appeared on Jeremy Vine’s Radio 2 show just four days ago.

Ms Bathford, who makes political predictions by reading the way asparagus falls on the floor, was asked to use the ingredient to say whether Biden or Trump would be elected in November by Vine on 17 July.

She said: “I can tell you it’s neither of them. It’s a lady. Now, I keep on getting this. The next president of the United States is going to be a lady.”

And this shows that if I'd read the indy article properly I'd have seen she's already been on the Jeremy Vine show.

Back
Top Bottom