Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why Labour are Scum

Back in Cardiff, Ed Miliband has just announced that Labour would effectively cancel the bedroom tax on its first day in office. It would do that by making funds available to councils to allow them to compensate people for the cost of the bedroom tax in full.

From Guardian Election update

Pretty impressive,

piss weak more like- why top up councul funds rather than just get rid of the iniquitous tax all together? Because that sounds like welfare reform, and not the sort the r/w rags like.

Going back to zero hours contracts I can't see what would prevent employers using Agency in place of the former zhc employees??Are not the legions of temporary workers on zero hours contracts by another name and if so I can't see how Labour's promised ban would make much difference unless ,as is possible,I am missing some bleeding obvious distinction.

piss weak more like- why top up councul funds rather than just get rid of the iniquitous tax all together? Because that sounds like welfare reform, and not the sort the r/w rags like.
You'd need to introduce legislation so it would take a bit. This means there would be no net changes for councils due to the bedroom tax.

Not that I disagree with saying labour is piss weak in general

Going back to zero hours contracts I can't see what would prevent employers using Agency in place of the former zhc employees??Are not the legions of temporary workers on zero hours contracts by another name and if so I can't see how Labour's promised ban would make much difference unless ,as is possible,I am missing some bleeding obvious distinction.

Tony Blair's beloved 'flexible labour markets', yes, I think I agree with you on the agencies.

Ed Miliband said:
Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess on the birth of their daughter. Wishing them lots of joy and happiness - and hopefully some sleep!

Chasing royalist votes now? What happened to the 35% strategy, you whore?

It's going to be so widely parodied and photoshopped. It's like Cameron's stupid airbrushed head from last time round all over again.*

They really don't think these things through.

*incidentally, I can't remember seeing any big billboard posters - are they not doing them this time?

I'm surprised (and disappointed) Tom Watson seems to be keeping quite about a politic meeting he attended where the women were asked to sit away from the men.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/574616/Labour-Left-speakers-segregated-rally

Granted this is the sort of stuff that racist halfwits jump on and and I doubt he knew that arrangement had been made but it's a shame it's not been commented on and he seems to be a courageous chap.

I guess it's too close to the election to want to piss people off.

Last edited:
Wasn't just watson
CEEfdpdWEAEaOiz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom