Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why aren't the left doing better?

@DJ

don't obviously always agree with you, but here and on CIF you are a fantastic writer, welcome back to P/P:)
thopugh the article mentioned is a start, CIF articles get a lot of hits..

btw, have you ever been asked to do a guest article on CIF?, if Lenin from LT has , you could do better.

@DJ

Btw, your reply, there used to be something called the labour movement, still is a remnant around John McDonnell, etc, these people did take an interest in the basic issues, now it is as you say, the left is largely a bourgiosie affair....

Why thank you, Treelover. :)

I have never been asked to write for CIF. And I don't know what I would write about really.

Besides, I am in a funny place politically at the moment, and I think I need to work it out before I write anything under my own name. I am finding that I have weird bedfellows these days (probably largely as a consequence of my reaction to the present government), and am having great difficulty with elements of 'traditional/grass roots', radical and metro-leftist thinking.

But this is probably because I've always been more of a mutualist than anything else, and that's a bit of a complicated position in our political climate.

With comments, views and attitudes that have been expressed on here by some self-styled leftists (though some would actually deny that they are left wing), it's no wonder fascism, Nazism and other forms of extreme nationalism/reactionary conservatism took hold in the 20's and 30's.

The Right must be rubbing its hands with glee when it sees this sort of thing.

End the sectarianism and focus on the the real enemy: the Right

With comments, views and attitudes that have been expressed on here by some self-styled leftists (though some would actually deny that they are left wing), it's no wonder fascism, Nazism and other forms of extreme nationalism/reactionary conservatism took hold in the 20's and 30's.

The Right must be rubbing its hands with glee when it sees this sort of thing.

End the sectarianism and focus on the the real enemy: the Right

Sectarianism has to be one of the most overused words on here.
First of all you claim some self styled leftists are helping fascists then you seem to suggest we should all agree with each other.....Unite behind me style politics........

Sectarianism has to be one of the most overused words on here.
First of all you claim some self styled leftists are helping fascists then you seem to suggest we should all agree with each other.....Unite behind me style politics........

Tell that to someone who is prepared to listen to (and accept) this crap.

Nino,

When you say "the right", what do you mean? Who do you mean?

Ken Clarke? Frank Field? Thatcher? Griffen? Hess? Pinochet? Reagan? Lionsblood Thor Defender, who posts hate-filled diatribes about Mexicans on the severe weather bb whose name cannot be spoken?

What political attributes do "the right" have to expound in order for you to identify them as "the right" and thus "the enemy"?

I am not being sarcastic here, am just interested. :)

Nino,

When you say "the right", what do you mean? Who do you mean?

Ken Clarke? Frank Field? Thatcher? Griffen? Hess? Pinochet? Reagan? Lionsblood Thor Defender, who posts hate-filled diatribes about Mexicans on the severe weather bb whose name cannot be spoken?

What political attributes do "the right" have to expound in order for you to identify them as "the right" and thus "the enemy"?

I am not being sarcastic here, am just interested. :)

The defenders of the interests of capital to be specific. Though, you have produced a rather interesting list of those who fit the bill...save for Lionsblood wotsit...dunno about him. :)

Back
Top Bottom