Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who will be the next prime minister (October 2022 edition)

Who will be the next PM of what's left of the UK?

• Sunak

Votes: 61 39.6%
  • Mordaunt

Votes: 44 28.6%
  • Hunt

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Badenoch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Javid

• Zahawi

• Johnson

Votes: 36 23.4%
  • Mogg

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Patel

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Obligatory comedy option: Braverman

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
You have to search for Join the Conservatives.

You (and the cat) won't get voting rights until you ve been a member for three months. But I expect there will be another chance to vote for a PM by then. :thumbs:
I couldn't bring myself to do that, even for the lols. I'd feel horrible and dirty just being one of the numbers quoted in the tory party membership figure.

I think the danger is that the public will want Boris back because he's a proven quantity to them. He can deliver. Whereas anyone else could run the risk of turning out another Truss. The opinion polls may show Sunak to be the favourite, but I don't see it.

Expect the worst IMO.
We shouldn't forget that the majority of the public don't want any of them.

It's not that great an idea - look how Gauke did when he ran as an independent - as one of the more high profile rebels with a decent local reputation - if every single person who had voted for a different party had voted for him, he might just have got over the line.

View attachment 348161
Oh I know, that’s where I live, the blue rosette who they flew in when Gauke went independent that’s my mp :facepalm:

There was someone on the radio this morning who managed to register their pet tortoise, and also Mrs. Thatcher under her maiden name. Absolutely no checks on how legit these people are.

You have to search for Join the Conservatives.

You (and the cat) won't get voting rights until you ve been a member for three months. But I expect there will be another chance to vote for a PM by then. :thumbs:

You have to pay presumably. I'd consider signing up IP Freely or something for a laugh if it was free but fuck giving those cunts any money.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Yes Labour are useless, but Johnson was unpopular at the point when he resigned. I think tories who think Johnson is the solution to their polling woes are deluded tbh.
Not just him as an individual. But the whole farce or getting rid of him, tanking the economy then bringing him back after a few weeks.

There was talk of tory MPs having a vote to rescind the decision to refer Johnson as the solution to this problem for Clown Show 2.

That's a good look. :thumbs:

dunno - they (and their friends in the press) will probably decided that the priviliges committee is part of the tofu-eating remainer anti-growth wokerati, or some such bollocks, and there will be people out there who will go along with that...

In that case I’m backing Johnson, as this may be our only chance to set a new national record for number of prime ministers in a single year.

It’s about time this great country once again set global standards that others just can’t emulate.

In that case I’m backing Johnson, as this may be our only chance to set a new national record for number of prime ministers in a single year.

It’s about time this great country once again set global standards that others just can’t emulate.
I was wondering about this. We have had three PM’s in a single year - the George Canning year - but would BJ still count as a third, considering he was the first? Of course electing him would mean the tories could lose their majority immediately due to floor crossers. Definitely election within the year.

We need two new PM’s before July 15th for it to be the most in the shortest time.

If I was Sunak I'd be unlikely to throw my hat in the ring. The MPs are clearly as barking as the membership if > 100 think Johnson is a good option. Still divided and deluded. Over a hundred people, supposedly on the same side, actively trying to prevent progress...

I'd let them re-elect the wazzock, let him drag them through the slurry again, and be ready when they boot him out next time.

Nobody knows much about Penny Mordaunt's politics. Including, I suspect, Penny Mordaunt. The most vacuous and incoherent of the bunch last time round, and she's up against some stiff competition for that title.

Back
Top Bottom