Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who will be the next prime minister (October 2022 edition)

Who will be the next PM of what's left of the UK?

• Sunak

Votes: 61 39.6%
  • Mordaunt

Votes: 44 28.6%
  • Hunt

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Badenoch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Javid

• Zahawi

• Johnson

Votes: 36 23.4%
  • Mogg

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Patel

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Obligatory comedy option: Braverman

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters

Hubby said he watched one of the member of parliament say that if Boris got back in, he would give up his seat.

He claimed that Boris lied to his cabinet, and therefore can not be trusted.

I didn't see the interview, so I'm not sure who was being interviewed.

Hubby gets up later than me. When he got up, I told him that the lettuce won. He chuckled, and turned on the telly.

Hubby said he watched one of the member of parliament say that if Boris got back in, he would give up his seat.

Hubby gets up later than me. When he got up, I told him that the lettuce won. He chuckled, and turned on the telly.

I saw that. Tory MPs are going with whoever will more likely keep their seat. Boris may give the best chance to the new northern tories but may fuck those in remainer constituencies that fall within the commuter belt. Maybe.

Boris ensures more scandal, infighting and incompetency. I can't really believe they'll do it. It's suicide.
Is it? I can well believe it. They'll come together, sans a few 'moderates' (remember Dominic Grieve) which would incldue Penny Mordaunt. They think he has the magic touch.

I get the argument that it might be better, for labour's chances, to have that chaos persist. But Boris is still popular and the media will of course smear their vaseline over a multitude of sins. I wouldn't be surprised if, should he enjoy a honeymoon period, he calls a snap election and wins. Starmer has already proven he has no answer to the likes of Johnson. It's easy when it's someone as unflinchingly dogmatic as Truss.

I mean, Johnson has been on holiday since resisning. What about his constituents? He's still a fucking mp, right?

What a joke it all is

absolutely deranged situation.
Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 09.44.49.png
If this actually happens, BJ2, all the other countries aren't even going to find it funny anymore they'll just look at us with pity, like you do when someone is so broken that they get back together with their abusive ex.

Thinking about how the Tory party has seemingly unraveled into its different factions....

-part of this has been the effect of the brexit referendum, which empowered the swivel eyed and also led to Johnsons suspension of 21 remainer/centrists and so upset the power balance within the party
-another factor might be that their usual default politics really isn't working in the current climate - yeah of course never does work, but particularly hitting buffers right now as they can only decrease living standards whereas in the past there was more carrots available for a bigger proportion of the electorate - which maybe is creating a bit of a desperate scramble for competing "ideas" (in the loosest term)

Maybe this situation has been there for a while and was held together uniquely by Boris Johnson who somehow managed to command authority and was capable of power plays (such as expelling those 27 remainers). Maybe him leaving has left a power vacuum and exposed the mess in the party? Can any of the current new candidates command the same power? I don't think so. I can see why some Tories might reach for BJ as the best option to at least pull the party together. Lolz.
I don't see how this new leadership is going to be the uniting moment they hope it is no matter who wins.

I was going to vote for Sanuk as he is the best of the bunch for the job, however I think Mordant will get it, and the only reason is that Sanuk is black, and I also think it's the same reason truss got it.

The Tory party may identify as not racist because they have to, but their membership has no such constraints.

The RN acting sub-lieutenant.
Ooh, it's coming back to me now. That submariner's dolphin badge she wore aroused a fair bit of criticism from submariners who'd actually earned it.

(Plus she's got a dodgy brother. She's absolutely not responsible for his behaviour but I wouldn't put it past some of the other candidates' supporters to bring that up.)

So she's not a certainty.

There's also the little detail of how transparent and secure the members' online voting is.
People were able to register Hilda Margaret Roberts and the family tortoise as members during the last round, who were invited to the hustings and entitled to vote.
There is no checking that members are who they say they are. There is no independent oversight.

Tortoise Media applied for judicial review earlier this month.

One bit that was worth listening on R4 Today was James Harding talking about it. Interview starts at 2hrs 44 m.

Sky News are say that Downing Street have said they are working towards Mediim term fiscal plan for October 31st but it will be up to the new PM weather or not they will stick to the date

Breaking news Defence secretary Ben Wallace rules him self out of the Leadership race?

But he said he his leaning to back Johnson atm

Roger Gale

If Johnson is 1 of 3 subject to a party vote; are there 36-38 "standing down at the next election anyone-but-boris" tories who could make a credible threat to sit as independents, concentrating minds so as to avoid the GE that would entail?

Oh god. The man was amused by letting known sexual predators hold positions of power over others. His downfall was never about a party boy having some cheese and wine nights.

How many fantasy bridges, fantasy airports on fantasy islands, fantasy hospitals, and stone cold health hazards being removed from metaphorical ovens does one country need?

Back
Top Bottom