Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which paper should i read?

JJ1985JJ

I'm in a position where i will be free from most modern tech, bar a mobile phone for a while
Ive always been interested in which paper would suit me best? I do like BBC app and news.

Im 33, educated, interested in geopolitics and home affairs. Factual as can be but minor element of humour would surpass. Politically i don't really have a stance but maybe central-left although i work in NHS. Just put off by Corbin in my opinion.

IF anyone thinks a paper would be best for me i'd love to hear it. I'm London based so receive many options. Thanks.

Still going Beano - Funny Stuff Every Day!
beano2013.jpg

It says something about the British papers today is that the only member of the extended Q family who buys newspapers is my niece who needs them for the bottom of the hutch for her daughters rabbits.
As the OP what sort of mobile have you got that you won't still have internet connection if you want news and/or opinions?

It says something about the British papers today is that the only member of the extended Q family who buys newspapers is my niece who needs them for the bottom of the hutch for her daughters rabbits.
As the OP what sort of mobile have you got that you won't still have internet connection if you want news and/or opinions?
One that fits in his Chatham pocket?

I buy Viz and Private Eye.

Tbh I don't always read the PE, it can get too depressing at times. I do want to support their work though as I know they're very much part of the establishment but there is an attempt in parts to hold elements of power to account. It doesn't achieve much but there is precious little of it going on at the moment (that has the same reach anyway).

I would suggest Gunner, the magazine of the Royal Regiment of Artillery, but if - as you say - you're intelligent, educated and interested in the great issues of the day, you'll be reading it already...

Sunday Sport
When I did market research on newspaper reading in west Belfast, I'd often have auld fellas say "don't tell the wife, son, but I read the Sunday Sport". And then they'd wink at me in a way that congratulated themselves on their unique and original capacity for wit.

I couldn't think of a way to tell head office that it was all a big joke. . .

I would suggest Gunner, the magazine of the Royal Regiment of Artillery, but if - as you say - you're intelligent, educated and interested in the great issues of the day, you'll be reading it already...

I read Mars & Minerva, but don't like to talk about it.

Back
Top Bottom