Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Where do you keep your toaster?

Where do you keep your toaster?

• Total voters
Yes, in Ireland it is believed that Protestants keep their toaster in a cupboard.
what is the meaning of this? What does it say about a person if they keep toaster in the cupboard? Do i need to move it. It's just i don't toast very much.
If I kept the kettle in the cupboard that would be a sin.

what is the meaning of this? What does it say about a person if they keep toaster in the cupboard?
I’m not Irish, but I imagine it’s one of those schizmogenesis things. “We are Protestant and we’ll bloody well keep dragging the toaster in and out of the cupboard no matter how inconvenient. Not like those lazy Catholics with their 12 children and their ‘convenience’”.

So hang on bimble, is your toaster in the cupboard because you don't use it, or you take it out to use it every time, or you use it in the cupboard? :hmm:

I’m not Irish, but I imagine it’s one of those schizmogenesis things. “We are Protestant and we’ll bloody well keep dragging the toaster in and out of the cupboard no matter how inconvenient. Not like those lazy Catholics with their 12 children and their ‘convenience’”.
Also keeping the toaster in view is a temptation to indulge in pleasurable activity. Best to keep these things hidden away.

It lives on the worktop because it gets used every day. My dad was an altar boy and my grandparents on the other side were Kirk Elders. Make of that what you will.

Back
Top Bottom