Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Rumours - Fleetwood Mac

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Duke - Genesis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another (please state)

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
I still seem to have the Cold Play album, Rush of Blood to the Head. Someone a lon gtime ago, thought I liked them.

Otherwise something by Goldfrap?

19.%2BTales%2Bfrom%2BTopographic%2BOceans%2Bfull%2Bcover.jpeg

I'm not talking about the socio-economic class of the musicians, but the milieu of the music. Think: "what can I imagine being played while a bank manager and friends eat fondue around the coffee table?"

To be fair, that's probably Roni Size... and a gramme of coke.

Flanders & Swann. I think the only ones I've heard of in the poll are Astral Weeks & Fleetwood Mac but I've never owned either.

We have a pretty high proportion of albums mentioned so far. My caring about that levels? Not that high cos some of them still stand out as pretty good :)

We also own lots of skanky tiny-festival related dodgy old albums too. The middle class ones tend to be more professionally produced :p

The most middle class person I know has minimalist decor, lots of expensive "ironic" (and uncomfortable) 70s furniture and always has some really bland alt-folk playing very softly in the background.

There is a Dido album on our house but it belongs to Mrs SFM and she regrets buying it.

I do have an extensive collection of 70s prog - will that do?

My caring about that levels? Not that high cos some of them still stand out as pretty good :)
Don't worry, I only started the thread because I kept seeing How Middle Class is your working week? and How middle class is your Sunday? bumping up against What's Your Favourite Beatles Album? in New Threads. I agree with you: the Flanders and Swann is excellent.

Btw, skanky tiny-festival related dodgy old albums are very middle class. :p

None of this thread makes any sense. Is it albums we think are rubbish? Pretentious? Generic?

SPK - Zamia Lehmani

Brian Eno - Music for Airports

Vivaldi - Four Seasons

Various bits of MOR bebop odds and ends I've accumulated over the years - Charlie Parker, Horace Silver etc. & Blue Trane by John Coltrane.

If I owned any Moby then that.

Back
Top Bottom