Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's in your 'Man/woman drawer/s'?

Passports, appliance instruction manuals, car documents, unused emergency credit card, old paper driving licence counterparts, two cameras that are redundant now but too nice to get rid of, a couple of old mobile phones, a pack of envelopes, some random coins, travel sewing kit, pens, EU adapter plugs, car service books, lots of photographs, small tin of Vaseline lip stuff, old remote control (now binned), torch, playing cards, specs cases, and earphones. There was also an unexpected 90 Euros in notes which is now in my wallet as I’m travelling on Saturday, so cheers Cloo :thumbs:

Bedroom drawers? To assist the burglar...passports, euros, (bizarrely) my education certificates and school reports (“rests on his laurels”), bond certificate and other bank shite, 140mg diazepam, 1000’s mg pregabalin, aspirin and random bits of paper with peoples numbers and addresses that I think I might need one day but almost certainly won’t.

I have other drawers around the place, but here are the nine little drawers next to me in the living room.

E520BC8F-2D42-46F3-8D28-8F64C41C3C46.jpeg

Drawer one: daily meds and supplements
Drawer two: slap
Drawer three: sundry household

1560C955-CEA9-493B-AE78-65ABAEA21EE8.jpeg

Drawer four: pretty stationery items
Drawer five & six: necklaces, hair elastics, small treasures. Mostly should be elsewhere

3B3E1A8F-850F-4440-A1A0-67A2C5CB53C9.jpeg

Drawer seven & eight: lovely inks
Drawer nine: needlecrafts

To be honest I reckon I could free up at least one and use it for other craft paraphernalia. I recently bought a large number of hotfix gems. They need a home.

I don't seem to have any drawers apart from 2 in the dresser where I keep knives and forks and teatowels and such...but I do have a shitload of baskets. Literally dozens, as I dabbled in basketry, so mainly slightly misshapen willow things where I keep tools: sewing, knitting, carving, paints, yarn (a whole corner of the sitting room is stacked with baskets of wool) and seeds (although they are often stored in tubs with lids). I keep all my clothes in baskets...and always kept the kids stuff in them too. I don't have jewellery or make-up. Camera got wet at the allotment this afternoon, so unable to take any pics.

Filing cabinet next to the bed is full of once necessary and current documents and old payslips. I really need to sort that.
Big old set of drawers at the other side of the bed has...
Top two drawers = underwear, socks, tights and scarves.
Next drawer = t shirts and vest tops, some blouses
Next drawer = makeup, creams, sunscreen, medications, vitamins, hair stuff, clips, hairpins, bands, hairdryer and straightener,
Bottom drawer = belts, winter hats and thermal underwear, thermal and all winter gear, ice clips..

Small drawer in a writing desk has passport, old money, foreign change, postcards, cards, pens, pencils, batteries, old reading glasses, letters, and a lot of rubbish receipts that I need to dump.

Just realised I really need a big clear out

i want one of these so bad :D

s-l1600.jpg

I presume by My Man Drawers you mean those drawers in the house that contain exclusively my stuff rather than communal drawers than contain other people's stuff as well.
There is an old 3 drawer cupboard in the garage that is full of tools that are mostly mine but is raided frequently by son and my daughters boyfriend (occasionally get stuff back as well)
Same for the drawers in the smallest bedroom which I use as an office but share it with the ironing board, laundry basket and my wife's overflow clothes wardrobe.It's mostly my stuff in them but I do not claim exclusivity.
There are 5 drawers (all in our bedroom) that own that title.
We have a 5 drawer bedroom cupboard of which the bottom 2 are mine containing all of my clothes that don't go in the wardrobe.
On my side of the bed there is a 3 drawer cupboard that contains the following :-
Top Drawer :-
1 Notepad
2 Pens
3 Soft Tipped Tablet/Phone Pens
1 Samsung Tablet
7 Glasses Cases for 2 x Distance Glasses, 2 x VDU Glasses, 2 x Reading Glasses and 1 x SunGlasses) Most of the time 1 pair is actually on my face. My spare sunglasses live in the car
1 Set of Small Earphones (with bag)
1 x Spare Black Shoelaces
2 Watches (1 in box)
1 clip on Pedometer
Bag containing 6 washable glasses cleaning clothes
Bottle Opener Key Ring with Spare House Key
Nose Hair Clippers
Glasses Screwdriver

Middle Drawer :-
Short Term Clothing Buffer, during the day hold my pyjamas overnight any clothes I have worn but plan to wear again in the morning (usually trousers)

Bottom Drawer :-
1 Amazon Kindle
3 Old Mobile Phones (all with cases) that still work but I don't use, (my current one usually lives in the hallway or the smallest bedroom when at home) I really need to do something with these.
1 Spare case for 1 of them.
2 cases for phones I no longer have (now discarded post this audit)
3 more sets of earphones in a box (but no bags)
2 more tablet pens
4 USB chargers (there are several more throughout the house)
1 80Gb iPod
1 Apple Travel Adaptor (with bag)
120Gb USB Drive which I had forgot I had, now moved to the smallest bedroom to join the 4 bigger ones that live in a drawer there.
2 Spare Wallets
1 pair prescription swimming goggles
2 clip on belt pouches
1 clip on belt key holder
1 mini USB cable (now also relocated to drawer in office)
2 penknives
1 Badge Lanyard that I have no idea where it came from or why I kept it.
A Korean Airlines Business Class Toiletries bag (donated by my son, I have never been to Korea) that contains 12 x USB memory sticks and 3 x micro SD card adaptors
A copy of my parents front door key (now in the common key repository in the kitchen)
1 Nail Clippers
2 Instruction books for gadgets I now longer have (a travel clock radio and an MP3 player) both now discarded following this audit
1 x box of spare toothbrush heads.
3 more spare set of shoelaces (how the f*ck have I ended up with so many shoelaces)

I don't have a man drawer, I do have 2 man shelfs though, but I am not going to list the items on them because it would be too boring, basically they contain things I thought I should keep but after the passage of time are now probably destined for the bin, once I get myself in gear to manage the man shelves! :)

So I took the OP to mean, (with a nod to M MacIntyre) what random crap do you keep in a special place?

I have a decorated pot our daughter brought back from a school trip to Russia many years ago that is the Rizla, Iphpne charger lead and tiger balm repository. In more recent years it also hosts my great niece’s baby footprint.

I have a veritable excess of drawers. i have a dressing table with lots of tiny drawers where makeup and hair stuff (bands / clips / slides) live. i have a matching cabinet with several slightly bigger drawers that contain toiletries including medication, some jewellery, more makeup (unopened stuff). bedside drawers contain many different warmths of pyjamas / nighties. bits and pieces such as important docs (passport, etc) and sewing kit, cameras and random stuff like a netball actually live on shelves as our new place has built in wardrobes with a large shelving bit. i finally have enough space for all the things and it's pretty organised, no random junk drawer for me.

I have other drawers around the place, but here are the nine little drawers next to me in the living room.

View attachment 172606

Drawer one: daily meds and supplements
Drawer two: slap
Drawer three: sundry household

View attachment 172607

Drawer four: pretty stationery items
Drawer five & six: necklaces, hair elastics, small treasures. Mostly should be elsewhere

View attachment 172608

Drawer seven & eight: lovely inks
Drawer nine: needlecrafts

To be honest I reckon I could free up at least one and use it for other craft paraphernalia. I recently bought a large number of hotfix gems. They need a home.

Really nice bit of furniture by the look of it :)

I have a set of man drawers, and the set is in my man cave.
One bedroom is set aside for me, and me alone. My wife isn't allowed in because she's rubbish with wires, and my kids can only enter on invitation as long as they don't touch anything.
I have one desktop with a projector as a screen, two tablets, 2 Android phones, a couple of broken Windows 8 sticks I haven't thrown away yet, three other projectors, and a load of other tech crap too numerous to bother mentioning.
There's also an ASUS windows 10 laptop I hate so much it's left in a drawer.
My wife and daughter have both refused it and I don't hate anyone enough to sell it to them.
My precious book collection is also in here, that including my copies of books and brochures signed by artists.
Also, all my stuff for work and personal family files, but all the really important stuff is in a safety deposit box in a local bank.

Back
Top Bottom