Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's in your 'Man/woman drawer/s'?

Cloo

Approved by toads
I sorted out my ‘woman drawers’ yesterday for the first time in about… ooh, ever. These are set of 6 mini ikea drawers that I painted alternatively duck-egg blue and gold to match my teenage bedroom. They have been the receptacles since of jewellery, foreign currency (which had spread to every drawer, I discovered), hair clips/bands, personal documents like NI card, paper driving license (though I think you don’t need to keep that any more), sewing stuff and buttons, cheque books, and the occasional paper gig/theatre ticket, as one still gets them sometimes.

There were also, until yesterday, two sets of pasties (and I mean the things you stick over your nipples, not the Cornish kind you eat) but I decided they were not seeing the light of, uhm, night again, so I’ve thrown those out.

Everything else I’ve kept, but I have actually put them in dedicated drawers until I sort them out again some time in my mid-60s. Hey, you never know when you’ll need a Bhutanese ngultrum.

Last edited:
I don't really have a man drawer. Close thing to it is the drawer in the PC desk that's above the drawer with hairbrushes and spray and hair bobbles in.

This drawer contains cameras, old phones, chargers, various items of stationary in different levels of disrepair, notebooks, cables, warranties, instruction manuals, PC CDs, etc

I have a bedside cabinet with three drawers. The top drawer contains medications, unguents, and the necessary concoctions of life; the middle drawer holds my Wahl clippers and an extension lead to let me use them in the bathroom; the bottom drawer is a mystery to me, and I should remind myself what's in there some time.

I also have drawers under the bed, but they're not really man drawers. They hold, variously, bedding, out-of-season clothing, a suitcase, and the bear I had when I was 2.

So is a man/woman drawer just a draw full of random crap like screwdrivers, fuses, cables and stuff?

I don't have one - but use a box instead.

Inner tubes and other bike detritus
old ear plugs
A collection of clogged up glass pipes
Dead lighters.
Travel sweet tins
Safety pins and needles

So is a man/woman drawer just a draw full of random crap like screwdrivers, fuses, cables and stuff?

I don't have one - but use a box instead.
i have so many drawers :oops:

there's one that has passports and guarantees, another that has hair-stuff (3 xx 1 xy household)

there's one that has the random kitchen crap, including the-tongs-i-need-right-this-second and the german egg-cracker i was given and the birthday candles. bonus points for evading the cleaver, it's in a box that gives you a chance at least :thumbs:

The passports (and EHICs) go on a little letter-holder thing next to the woman drawers.

Loving everyone's contents so far! :D

i have so many drawers :oops:

there's one that has passports and guarantees, another that has hair-stuff (3 xx 1 xy household)

there's one that has the random kitchen crap, including the-tongs-i-need-right-this-second and the german egg-cracker i was given and the birthday candles. bonus points for evading the cleaver, it's in a box that gives you a chance at least :thumbs:

I've got a kitchen cupboard full of random crap - one of those stupidly narrow cupboards next the oven. I just chuck things in and close the door.

Also got a large cupboard full of baking/cooking equipment but that doesn't count as random crap I think.

I have a small 5 drawer chest next to my side of the bed. In no order whatsoever they contain:
Birthday cards to write and send as needed, postcards for same as birthday cards, jewellery, pens, three note books, painkillers, plasters, plugs, chargers, connecting cables, cards I've received and want to keep, make-up, and dice.

I have lots of drawers with very firm content definitions but really they are all much like Celestial Emporium of Benevolent Knowledge - Wikipedia. The Leica drawer. The travel items and things which may need to be moved drawer. The things which may be attached to the body for no serious functional purpose drawer. The drawer of things my landlord left behind but which I will never look at.

I had a good rummage in my man drawers on Sunday, desperately trying to find an old badge for a gig. Didn't find it.

I did find lots of other old badges (bands/politics/football), passport, a part off my Telecaster and spare guitar strings. The cravat I got married in, my grandfather's funeral programme, old subbuteo men, legal papers I'd forgotten about, an old camera, some old negatives, back up CDs of newer photos, defunct vaping kit, a packet of fags and some rolling tobacco, my Zippo lighter, various other lighters, a tin of snuff, my prescription sunglasses, various foreign coins (some pre-Euro) 45 actual Euros, an old Reading FC Supporters Club card, misc other football memorabilia, a Russian pocket watch, a Lenin medal. A soft toy hedgehog called "Warrington" (long story), old passport style photos, a credit card belonging to my mother (another long story). A Laurent Perrier ashtray I must have nicked from somewhere, various cables, earphones etc, my dead iPod mini. My cheap copy of a Leatherman turned up too, which was handy. I could go on.

There's lot in my man drawers.

Draw next to bed: blindingly powerful small torch, sleeping pills, painkillers, eye mask, ear plugs, lead filled sap.
Wooden box somewhere else: all sorts of stuff.

I have three mini chests of drawers.

One is from Ikea, but I painted it and put decorative knobs on. That contains haberdashery, including some gorgeous bits of metallic lace that I inherited from my granny and are too good to ever use. Also random bits of elastic, dungaree clips etc.

Then I have two doll's chests of drawers. One has hair things in and the other I think contains beads, curtain hooks and hat pins. I have never pinned a hat to my head in my life but again they were my granny's.

I've got a drawer in my bedroom which has everything I want to keep but doesn't have it's own home.
It's stuffed full of: hair grips, hairbands, set of allen keys for beds and bikes, work lanyard, glasses cases, engagement ring, letters from the tooth fairy, children's teeth :facepalm:, a flat stone from Strangford Loch and a handful of receipts just incase I need them.

Last edited:
Random crap I have picked up and dont want to dump. Lots of marine stuff from my dad- hanks of rope with elaborate Turks head knots he used to tie on every bit of rope he would find. About 100 brass military badges from ww1 and 2 that he stashed away. Coins and bank notes including a manky $2 bill, Yugoslavian dinar, pre € European shrapnel . Shite basically. I scavenge anyway so there is always more toss to add.

I did try having an ‘emergency supply kit’ in my bedside cabinet draw for a while (1/4 of resin, 20 Marlboro Reds, skins, lighter, 1/2 bottle of Bells and i wrapped the resin in a 20 pound note). The problem was i kept running out of money at the end of every fucking month...

I think I know what you mean, it's not really "woman's drawers" in this house, but like that odd drawer somewhere, usually in a bedroom, that you stick all your bits and bobs that you don't know what else to do with?

I mostly have some dress jewellery (which I never wear, I am not really big into jewellery - especially not the gold plated zirconia sparkly stuff that for some reason relatives gave to me in the 80s - presumably hoping I would be carried off by a magpie or jackdaw if I wore it outdoors), broken watches, various other crap basically :D

Birthday cards to write and send as needed, postcards for same as birthday cards, jewellery, pens, three note books, painkillers, plasters, plugs, chargers, connecting cables, cards I've received and want to keep, make-up, and dice.

That pretty much sums up every single drawer and most of the shelves that you can see in the white-painted dresser behind me.

Back
Top Bottom