Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

No hint of a January diet going on here :oops:

Left over pizza earlier today.
Then some cheep arsed (but tasty) tinned spag bol.
Now some chips.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Veggie jambalaya.

It was actually neither veggie nor jambalaya....

In one pot: rice, chopped tomatoes, stock, coconut milk
In t'other pot: red and green peppers, chorizo, mushrooms, shallots, aduki beans

Pot two served over pot one.

idumea said:
It was actually neither veggie nor jambalaya....

In one pot: rice, chopped tomatoes, stock, coconut milk
In t'other pot: red and green peppers, chorizo, mushrooms, shallots, aduki beans

Pot two served over pot one.

Sounds lush!

We had the roast we were too lazy to cook yesterday.

Lamb shank, roast spuds, carrots, onions, green beans and broccoli. It was yum and later I'm going to eat some toblerone. Once I've rid the house of chocolate I'm not letting any more in.

Yesterday we had cheese & biscuits for lunch and then macaroni cheese with Manchego & Comte for tea. Massive cheese bloat :D

Dunno about tonight, but it might be time for more vegetables and less boozes.

Chicken, bacon and potato stew with leeks
You people have no idea how lucky you are. For my dinner (I assume that's "tea" in your parlance) I get a bowl of steamed veggies, some greens with vinegar, a small portion of brown rice and a small green banana. That's 'cause I'm diabetic and don't want to have to go on insulin.

I've no idea. Going to pick the cat up from my good lady's parents place after work. So either something there or leftover pasta bake. But I already had that for lunch.

may have to make a start on the endless turkey meals in my freezer. Had 4 days with no meat now, so can just about face the thought of turkey again.

Teriyaki salmon with noodles.

I've got my best fried staying over for the next few days so I thought I would try my best to impress her.

I don't do this cooking thing that often :facepalm:

Yesterday I had a delicious and cheap Indian curry that was only marked down by the paneer masala being too creamy for me. Tonight I'm at home and it's probably pasta & veg as I don't want to go food shopping today.

Traditional Friday night curry delivery and red wine. Everything we've had from this new place has been top notch, if a bit more pricey than most, so have been going through the chefs specials finding stuff I've never tasted before. Last week was a combination of flavours I wouldn't have normally chosen but was exceptional - Haryali Masala (Breast of chicken marinated in a spinach, mint, coriander puree, charcoal grilled and curried in a rich creamy sauce. Medium hot).

Shall be trying something else new tonight, Mrs R's choice last week of Lamb Karahi could be the one, although we have yet to taste "Lamb Slay The Dragon" :D

http://london.easterncuisineonline....keaway_in_Surrey_try_Chefs Choice_c_32178.htm

Went to a Chinese last night for whole crispy duck, shredded beef, sweet & sour chicken, soy and garlic lamb, sizzling chilli prawns, fried rice, noodles and beer.

Luckily there were 6 of us :)

Murgh makhani (indian butter chicken)

VrgE8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom