Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I've decided to defrost the freezer, so first of all I have to eat everything in it. I pulled out a random bag of God knows what last night and today I discovered that it was leftover cooked brisket. Had it with a hefty great salad and loads of potato salad made with horseradish. Very nice.
And there is enough left for tomorrow's butty for work.

Just taken another bag of summat out of the freezer for tomorrow's tea. I really need to start writing on bloody freezer bags. :D

If I can be arsed to go out and get eggs then maybe biddles Heartbreak Hash.
If not, pasta and pesto or some other sauce.
:hmm:
I really want the Heartbreak Hash though.

I'm having pasta with a tomato sauce & lots of salad. I seem to be a lazy lost my mojo cook recently and this is all I seem to want to eat.
I also have red wine and S2 of The Wire.

All your dinners sound lush apart from Threshers corned beef abomination. Sorry I hate that stuff.

Ended up with really good pasta (my mum gave it to me, expensive stuff) with some kind of chilli, peccorino and stuff sauce. MnS, mum gave me that too.
Was pretty nice.
Enough for the boy for lunch tomorrow too.

I have washed up and now drinking beer and munching on pretzels :oops:

I got loads of bargains in Waitrose so tonight we dine almost completely on food from the tramps buffet.

Chicken in leek and dijon sauce for Mr, lamb for me with parmentier potatoes. I had some green beans but did have to pay full price for the carrots. : (

I also got some sweet chilli beef kebabs (1.30 each) for the freezer.

Then, I went round the corner and got a chocolate tart for 1.99. Fucking yes!

I'm pubbing it early eve so it's my locals fab homemade chips & cheese & onion cob. The cheese is mature and cut thick like a door wedge and the onions are in huge rings..this costs £1.95..:cool:..I shall have a pint or 2 of Thatchers cider to complete it.

Spaghetti with tomato and basil sauce and cheese for us...with broccoli :p

Going to have to have a rummage in my *secret store* for some biscuits for pudding...I think there's a packet of *new style* chocolate fingers in there..... :hmm:

Spaghetti with tomato and basil sauce and cheese for us...with broccoli :p

Going to have to have a rummage in my *secret store* for some biscuits for pudding...I think there's a packet of *new style* chocolate fingers in there..... :hmm:
I saw a biscuit cupboard at the place I was feeding that posh cat. A whole cupboard rammed with biscuits, waffles, sweets, waffles, everything tooth-decaying. I was flabbergasted!

I saw a biscuit cupboard at the place I was feeding that posh cat. A whole cupboard rammed with biscuits, waffles, sweets, waffles, everything tooth-decaying. I was flabbergasted!

Mine is one of those ones that goes round under the corner of the counters...I have spares in there :oops: ...but also biscuits/crisps/cakes etc that are not to be eaten till the opened packs (kept in a tin/bag in a different cupboard) are done.
My son knows about it now and does have the occasional late night rummage in there :mad: but it did still take him close to three years to catch on, so I can't complain, tbf :p :D (although I DO, obv :cool: ).

OMG, I'm such a sad bastard :facepalm: :(

:D

I am reasonably self-controlled with biscuits but I'm a nightmare with the crisps :D

Btw, we had the chocolate fingers...they're milk and white chocolate ones and I got em cos they were on a half price offer but there's only 16 of them in the pack! :eek: 16?!? :confused: I SWEAR the normal ones have loads more than that! :mad: :hmm: Gutted :(

revealing my middle-class liberality here, but my folks had to let their aga go out to get the chimney fixed, so they haven't had an oven for a couple of weeks - so i'm roasting a chicken and having them round for tea. i expect them to bring wine as recommended in the guardian weekend magazine. ;)

Looks good, just printed it out. I'm assembling a large repertoire of hearty one pot dishes like this, mostly involving pig and bean.
It's a beaut. One of those dishes you can make with your eyes closed and it'll always turn out good. My only variations on their recipe are to do the sausages in the oven rather than frying them as mine always come out better that way (I pour the fat into the pan with the bacon, mind) and I tend to go with paprika and chilli powder rather than either/or. I sometimes bung some lentils in, too. Puy are good with sausages, if I've got any lying around.

I'm pubbing it early eve so it's my locals fab homemade chips & cheese & onion cob.

The chips haven't been up to the usual standard the last few times I've had them there. Thinner and loads of crispy bits. I think he may be using different potatoes.

Tonight I'm making aloo mutter to try and make a dent in the sacks of spuds that are coming off my allotment :)

A hearty vegetable broth at the request of Very Tall Lodger who is feeling under the weather. Chopped celery, carrot, onion, black eye beans, broth mix (red lentils, split peas, oats and pearl barley) garlic, fresh chopped parsley, chopped tomatoes, fresh thyme, a little bit of dried chilli, veg stock cube, a knob of butter, a squoosh of tomato puree, some petits pois.

A hearty vegetable broth at the request of Very Tall Lodger who is feeling under the weather. Chopped celery, carrot, onion, black eye beans, broth mix (red lentils, split peas, oats and pearl barley) garlic, fresh chopped parsley, chopped tomatoes, fresh thyme, a little bit of dried chilli, veg stock cube, a knob of butter, a squoosh of tomato puree, some petits pois.
You got room for a Very Fat Lodger round yours?

Back
Top Bottom