Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I think I might have a burger too, but a late tea once it's cooled down a bit in here, too warm still to want to eat let alone cook at the moment!
Mine will be from the freezer, I've got a choice of beef quarter pounders, and a chicken in tempura batter thing which would work quite well in a burger type situation.
I also have oven chips and the remains of the rather delicious red cabbage coleslaw that I made on Monday, I do think coleslaw works excellently as a side dish with burgers.

Not sure yet. Got a few sausages to use up as well as loads of veg, might do myself a tray bake with sweet potato and peppers etc. Mr K is swimming so will fend for himself. Maybe steak and chips for the kids?

It's late, I should probably do something quick involving pasta, I'm not feeling it though.
I ended up not doing a burger last night so I really need to eat something.

It's late, I should probably do something quick involving pasta, I'm not feeling it though.
I ended up not doing a burger last night so I really need to eat something.

I did an amatriciana for myself (my standby comfort pasta food favourite!) and made some courgette/pepper/tomato sauce with pasta for N to eat tomorrow.

A few chunks of a dark chocolate bar with strawberries going on in there for afters - very delicious!

Last edited:
I did an amatriciana for myself (my standby comfort pasta food favourite!) and made some courgette/pepper/tomato sauce with pasta for N to eat tomorrow.

A few chunks of a dark chocolate bar with strawberries going on in there for afters - very delicious!
I ended up with a veg curry, had somehow forgot all the stuff we have in the freezer when I saw fines and had a mini meltdown.

Haven't decided yet, but I realised earlier I've got half a red cabbage that needs using up, so I'm debating with myself whether to see if I've got any pork steaks left in the freezer to go with it, and some new potatoes, or whether to pickle it and have something else for tea.

Back
Top Bottom