Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I've perfected rice in a pan on the hob, but if I had counter space I'd still consider one - would free up a hob for other things.

Sushi rice can be a bit of a 'mare however, 30 seconds too long and it's a stuck together mass in my experience

Oh forgot to say, we're still catching up on laundry and washing up, so an easy tea tonight of supermarket pizzas, Goodfellas stonebaked on special from Iceland - cheese for him, pepperoni for me.
He'll add anchovies, chillies and olives to his to jazz it up a bit.

I've ordered one of the Vonhaus rice cookers. I'd been imagining something much bigger that would feed a family of 4 and cost £100, but I've got room for that.

I like the idea of being able to do porridge too. The Lakeland one has an overnight timer for that but this seems like an unnecessary refinement.

I must look out my sushi rolling mat 🤔

A very unimaginative meal of fish baked with lemon and garlic butter, potato wedges and greens. Probably with the leftover garlic butter in the greens.

Sounds lovely to me.
Sounds good to me too, I'm planning similar for N's next night off.
It's one of those eat at the time meals rather than for reheating later ones, so it's the sort of thing that waits until he's not working and is thoroughly enjoyed by both of us :)
Most of what I cook is stuff that can be cooked then stored in the fridge overnight for reheating the next day.

Oh forgot to say, we're still catching up on laundry and washing up, so an easy tea tonight of supermarket pizzas, Goodfellas stonebaked on special from Iceland - cheese for him, pepperoni for me.
He'll add anchovies, chillies and olives to his to jazz it up a bit.

Just had my pizza, the tomato sauce was so sweet it felt like I was eating dessert, they never used to be that bad but I don't eat frozen pizza often, when did this become a thing?
Is it (like some ready meals and jars of sauces) due to sugar being used as a cheap ingredient to bulk out the sauce and make it go further?
It was OK but I won't be getting one again in a hurry. It's no wonder N covers his supermarket pizzas in anchovies, olives and capers - the salt probably balances it out a bit.

Going to have some chocolate for afters in an hour or two, I have several types to choose from :)

Last night was carbonara out, followed by a soggy cannoli which I sent back.

Tonight will be bbq steak,plantain, panzella. Although I have to make a big batch of sausage rolls fora party tomorrow so have to be careful not to fill upon them

I just had some buttered toast with marmite on, and 3 digestives. Wedding buffet some time this evening and been out early trogging through dense fog up Pendle Hill so no way I can wait for that without a snack!

Not sure yet. We had a big bbq lunch and the kids have sorted themselves out with some picky tea stuff :thumbs: so just me and Mr K to cater for. Which would normally be an excuse to make something the kids don't like, but neither of us are that hungry.

Chicken burgers and sausages in a rol with beef burger and 2 sausage patties in another. Then another 4 waiting with a pita. Varied throughout the 3 with bbq sauce, cheese, cheddar spread, red jalapeños, green jalapeños, load of homegrown lettuce that's finally working and ridiculously better. Then various sauces based on which one. Will be following with a whole SKYR and probably a knock off choc ice thing.

Not eaten since, Thursday night? Have been packing vitamins, minerals etc tho and loads of liquid.

Back
Top Bottom