Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I know someone who tried to make Garum in their shed, I think the council came round to investigate due to complaints :D
I think in terms of modern condiments, Vietnamese Nam Pla is probably about as close as it gets without a visit from the council/Environment Agency.
Or good old Worcestershire sauce.

My parents visited in case we had trouble getting our new washing machine delivered to our upstairs flat, in case we needed a bit of help (we didn't, and the delivery/installer blokes were really excellent, quick job, no fuss at all about the stairs or the messy kitchen) and then the took us out to dinner - we went to a Turkish restaurant and I had a chicken shish with rice, bulgar and salad - very good, I couldn't manage all the rice and bulgar though!

Just as I got in all the cold weather food, the sun is putting his stupid fucking (very welcome) hat on!

We'll be eating a stodgy leek and black-eyed bean gratin with buttery baked potatoes and steamed green beans.

Key lime pie for afters.

Baked potato with cheese/cottage cheese, asparagus, pudding of mixed berries with greek yoghurt and strawberry jam.

The baked potato seemed like a good easy tea call but of course they take ages so I had one of those meals in instalments. Asparagus first, which is orthodox, and pudding in the middle which is not.

Glad that's done and I can go to bed.

I'm going to do sausages, bacon and chestnut mushrooms in a sauce based on half a tin of tomatoes after the football, not sure whether to do it as a casserole with rice or a pasta dish however.

Back
Top Bottom