Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm going to do sausages, bacon and chestnut mushrooms in a sauce based on half a tin of tomatoes after the football, not sure whether to do it as a casserole with rice or a pasta dish however.
This ended up a bit "meh" I used some old carrots and they were a bit woody. Had it with bread and butter.

Had a bit of a white chocolate bar with hazelnuts later in the evening which more than made up for the disappointing main!

Feeling a bit down and depressed and lost my cooky mojo (can't be fucking arsed), so bought a Patak's madras sauce and will do with paneer and peas, with brown rice.

Choc ice cream with freezer-foraged pureed brandy blackberries, and crushed hazelnuts.

Really fancy a BBQ but haven’t got enough in to warrant firing up the drum. I could walk up the road 5 mins and get what’s needed, but that would mean getting up from the lazyboy I’m currently reclined on with a cold drink by my side. Nope to that.

Mrs Numbers did come home with a cpl of sloppy giuseppi’s so pizza it shall be.

The rice noodle salad (the noodles, which are brown rice, are mostly underneath). Carrots, peppers, fennel, mizuna from the garden, mint, chives, fried tofu and toasted cashews. Fuckton of lime juice, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and chilli sauce in the dressing.

I wasn't sure if I'd really want it as I had a snaccident with some chocolate mini rolls in the afternoon but I inhaled it.

PXL_20240621_192216707.jpg

I don't actually snack very often, but when I do, chocolate mini rolls are a regular culprit - despite not having a sweet tooth for most things, I do have a chocolate compartment of my stomach and mini rolls are like crack :D

I don't actually snack very often, but when I do, chocolate mini rolls are a regular culprit - despite not having a sweet tooth for most things, I do have a chocolate compartment of my stomach and mini rolls are like crack :D
They have to be the ones with chocolate filling, not shaving foam in.

I'm terrible at cooking rice and have been slightly pondering one of these. Not sure I eat enough rice to make it worthwhile though.
I can make perfectly good rice but I bought one of these for just making plain rice, one of the best value purchases I’ve ever made:

Mini Electric Rice Cooker

It was a Which Best Buy as I recall - perfect rice every time, and all you need to do is wash the rice and stick it on, then do something else for 20mins. Only does a cup and half of rice max so not for feeding the whole family but for 1-3 people you’re grand.

I can make perfectly good rice but I bought one of these for just making plain rice, one of the best value purchases I’ve ever made:

Mini Electric Rice Cooker

It was a Which Best Buy as I recall - perfect rice every time, and all you need to do is wash the rice and stick it on, then do something else for 20mins. Only does a cup and half of rice max so not for feeding the whole family but for 1-3 people you’re grand.
That looks great! Does it do things like sticky rice well?

Back
Top Bottom