Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I don't know what I feel like eating, I think I've just had a lot of stressy stuff going on the last 2 months and I've lost my cooking/eating mojo a bit.
The sarnie thread made me fancy a sausage sarnie but I didn't pick up a baguette earlier and don't have any other bread in and I'm not going out again, I'm settled in for the evening now.
I probably have a ready meal or battered chicken fillet/oven chips type stuff lurking in the freezer so will have a rummage later, I know there is low effort stuff I can eat.

I WAS going to have farmers market chicken curry with rice done in my new rice cooker. However it doesn't switch on :mad: so instead I'm having farmers market macaroni cheese, a tiny helping of broad beans from the garden and misc fruit.

I WAS going to have farmers market chicken curry with rice done in my new rice cooker. However it doesn't switch on :mad: so instead I'm having farmers market macaroni cheese, a tiny helping of broad beans from the garden and misc fruit.
Angry re the no switching on!

I mention this purely because I've done it myself with a new appliance more than once - just make sure the timer isn't set to start it off at midnight or something. I actually called someone out to have a look at why my cooker wasn't turning on when I first bought it and they arrived, spent about 3 seconds looking at it, and pulled the timer knob out :facepalm:

Bloody annoying though!

I mention this purely because I've done it myself with a new appliance more than once - just make sure the timer isn't set to start it off at midnight or something. I actually called someone out to have a look at why my cooker wasn't turning on when I first bought it and they arrived, spent about 3 seconds looking at it, and pulled the timer knob out :facepalm:

Bloody annoying though!
I've been scratching my head. There isn't a timer, just a "cook" switch, but there also seems to be a pressure switch under the cooking pot so it won't turn on if the pot is empty (it isn't) or the lid isn't clipped down (it is). There are no other controls and everything is plugged in.

shifting gears any suggestions?

I've been scratching my head. There isn't a timer, just a "cook" switch, but there also seems to be a pressure switch under the cooking pot so it won't turn on if the pot is empty (it isn't) or the lid isn't clipped down (it is). There are no other controls and everything is plugged in.

shifting gears any suggestions?
Blimey sorry to hear this after recommending it - sounds like you’ve got a duffer, I just clip the lid on and push the button marked cook which should click in and light the red LED

Had mine a couple years and used at least twice a week and never had any issue

ETA have you got the vent on the lid at the front or back when you clip it on? I’ve always had it at the back, I don’t know if that makes a difference?

From the sarnie thread, having today the thing I fancied yesterday but didn't have the makings for:

Sausage Sarnie.JPG

Trifle. I spent most of Friday baking a cake for 2 year old grandson. Saturday morning, anticipating a leisurely icing session, woke to find the dog snivelling and half a cake on the kitchen floor. Since I had mopped it before bed and it was a bloody nice cake, I scooped up the remains and found an ancient packet of raspberry jelly in the back of the cupboard. Had to make another cake for grandchild with a bit of a rush job doing the decorating (teddy bears picnic). Plus the 4dozen mixed samosas I promised for the birthday barbecue. Have spent all day today on the sofa, apart from whipping up some custard. Just about enough energy to lift spoon to mouth.

Trifle. I spent most of Friday baking a cake for 2 year old grandson. Saturday morning, anticipating a leisurely icing session, woke to find the dog snivelling and half a cake on the kitchen floor. Since I had mopped it before bed and it was a bloody nice cake, I scooped up the remains and found an ancient packet of raspberry jelly in the back of the cupboard. Had to make another cake for grandchild with a bit of a rush job doing the decorating (teddy bears picnic). Plus the 4dozen mixed samosas I promised for the birthday barbecue. Have spent all day today on the sofa, apart from whipping up some custard. Just about enough energy to lift spoon to mouth.
When life gives you a greedy dog and cake all over the floor, make trifle :D
I love trifle and I wholeheartedly approve of trifle for tea, your weekend sounds like it's been exhausting.

Creamy crab pasta with cherry tomatoes. A nectarine. A tiny end of the new loaf with some newly made blackcurrant jam.

The rice cooker people are sending me a new one and said to dispose of the old one as I saw fit. So I guess if anyone wants a stab at fixing it, it's yours. I can't imagine it's very complicated, just a heating element and a timer.

I've cooked some rice with the intention of making egg fried rice tonight.
I think N wants sweet & sour prawns - honestly that is a bit too sweet for me so I'll do myself something like Szechuan chicken with mushrooms and cashews.
Oh and we have some veggie spring rolls in the freezer, mustn't forget to do those to go with.

Nice! I got some burger buns with my grocery order this week and we're planning to have that soon :)
I do love a burger :)

Ended up with burgers tonight because the football went to penalties and it was later than anticipated.

Freezer beef quarter pounder for me, Plant Revolution spicy bean burgers for N. With oven chips and onion rings.

Back
Top Bottom