Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Roast chicken, spring greens / beans / creamed spinach, moreish duck fat roasted potatoes, gravy. Planned for last night but didn't get the chicken on in time so swapped the planned teas and had a rather splendid fish pie instead. It was a Nigel Slater recipe where you put the uncooked fish pieces, dill, peas and whatnot into the dish then pour over a carton of cream :D then mash on top. Not exactly healthy but so much easier than poaching the fish, making a bechamel blah. Like a lazy but fancy tea!

Gradually working through all the frozen meals I made. The pasta dishes are going quickly which is annoying cos I wanted at least some lol and there's way more curries and chillies. At least it means it's real food getting eaten not the eldest just making hot meat in bread I guess.

Last night we had a couple of Co-op pizzas with coleslaw. They were the wood-fired ones, very good.

Tonight is lasagne, salad and sweet potato fries. Normal Wednesday night.

I also got some mince pies from the Co-op and had one last night, I expect I shall have another tonight. Not bad and good value.

Red Leicester, roasted garlic and black pepper bake thing that I mostly bought because the dish would make a good hedgehog bowl - in hindsight I could've gone to restart or a charity shop and got one just as good for about 50p :facepalm: - with a small confit garlic sourdough baguette and smug homegrown tomatoes and salad

Meant to have scrambled eggs before I went out this morning but didn't have time, so I might do those as a first, early tea

Got a few big packs of new recipe kit things (like 30) so having Gong Bao Chicken and Jeera chicken tonight. Got 2kg of chicken thighs now skinned, deboned and marinating. SO prepped all the other bits as it took a while but I'm not paying for boneless when we can make way more and I can learn to do it better. Plus I got to use the big cleaver and the boning knife, bones and scraps for a future stock, chicken skin being done in the air frier to go on the side for some crunch.

Do you guys reckon it's alright to put a creamy soup in a flask? I've made a cream of mushroom soup - if I put it in a thermos flask for lunch tomorrow might it curdle/split at being kept hot for a few hours?

I've been ill with yet another bloody respiratory virus and don't have a lot of appetite/energy to cook.
Last night I had a tin of Heinz spaghetti bolognese.
OH has just got home from work and is currently doing us both eggs and beans on toast, just a small portion for me cos it's all I can manage.
Not sure whether that counts as tea or breakfast due to wonky schedules :D

I've been ill with yet another bloody respiratory virus and don't have a lot of appetite/energy to cook.
OH has just got home from work and is currently doing us both eggs and beans on toast, just a small portion for me cos it's all I can manage.
Hope you recover soon x

Yeh, hope you're on the up soon Epona .

I'm on me ownio again tonight as himself is off doing a winter tour. Carrot and lentil soup with fresh parsley, homebaked crusty white bread.

Homemade apple crumble with bought custard. I tried making my own custard, it takes forfuckingever and I have egg whites doing shit all in the freezer.

Sorry to hear this - hope you get better soon - chilli and garlic help (me, anyway) if you have the energy!

Back
Top Bottom