Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I think I'm going to go for the creamy mushroom and tarragon pie in the freezer (been considering eating that for ages, might actually do it tonight!) and I've got some nice Maris Pipers so will do some roasties, peas also, gravy.

This was lovely, if anyone is interested it's the Lidl creamy mushroom and tarragon pie, they sell them in a pack of 2 in the freezer cabinet at a very reasonable price (at least they were last year and the year before!) as part of their festive vegetarian offerings - I like that one and OH likes the mature cheddar, caramelised onion and spinach wellington. Both make excellent quick veggie mains for roast dinner type accompaniments especially if you are short of time for doing a lot of prep and just want something tasty to move from freezer to oven! I think they also do a vegan one in the same range as well, I seem to recall seeing something involving roasted veg which is probably also nice but I've not tried it.

I hope they do them again this year so I can stock up on them again!

My cousin is visiting for the weekend and he didn't tell me until last night that he won't be getting here till late. I've already bought food for the smoker mail order. Decided I'm going to cook one of the portions of ribs anyway and he can have something from the freezer/microwave when he gets here. So ribs, black eyed beans, little roasties and salad. I was going to do mac and cheese as well with the excuse we had a visitor, but it's probably overkill.

Well OH had a jacket spud with beans then cheese before we went out, then a portion of chips in the pub (which he put a hot sauce I don't like all over them - not about the heat, I find a lot of hot sauces too vinegary so I didn't have half of the chips as I had expected), then I was starving and irritable by the time we got home so he made me eggs on toast as a peace offering (kind of under duress and with a lot of whining though).

Last night was lamb and barley stew foraged from the freezer after sunset drinks..

Tonight will be an early dinner of roast duck leg, roast pots and green beans. I’m roasting the duck to make a ragu to take to friends for lunch tomorrow… not sure how the smell of roasting duck is going to do with vegan MrShakes who seems to have somewhat overdosed on booze while watching the rugby last night and is only getting out of bed to vomit occasionally

Farm work and the 1.7 mile walk to the nearest bus stop. And I often just have a big pan of scrambled eggs some time in the morning and then nothing but tea (the drink) until tea (the meal)

Want to put on a bit of fat to keep warm over winter but I've actually lost a few kg since being here

I used to think my work really wasn't thar active until I stopped doing it and realised I cant eat a fraction of what I did.

Last edited:
I used to my work really wasn't thar active until I stopped doing it and realised I cant eat a fraction of what I did.
Thing is it's not like I wasn't doing this work before, and the station wasn't that much closer than the bus stop is now, and I was at jiu jitsu far more often. Reckon the weather is part of it, my mum polished off her whole fry up too last night and she usually only eats tiny old person portions.

Back
Top Bottom