Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

OH had a night off so we went shopping then watched the football in the pub on the way home so didn't get home until quite late (meaning that the lengthy cooking time stuff I had bought will have to wait until another day - planning a spicy tomato sauce for OH to have with meatless butcher veggie balls and spaghetti and I have some beef shin which is going to take hours to cook properly into a ragu, so that wasn't going to work at gone 10pm).

As a quick meal, tuna niçoise would have been nice but we didn't have any potatoes. So we improvised that idea with a Greek theme based on other stuff available and had:

Tuna steak, hard boiled egg, tomato/cucumber/red pepper/red onion/olive/basil salad with a Greek dressing (red wine vinegar/olive oil/mustard/oregano/black pepper/minced garlic), and an orzo salad involving orzo/lemon zest and juice/olive oil/black pepper/cucumber/feta/mint.

Considering when we got in I was strongly leaning towards not bothering to make any food, I think I did pretty well really and it was very tasty.

I also had a glass of retsina (OH doesn't like it, all the more for me)

Last edited:
Last night was jersey royals with butter and a selection of cheese, with baby plum tomatoes. Celebrations and peanuts for pudding.

Hot dogs for me and the boy today - in part baked baguettes with fried onions, mustard and ketchup. Girl will have egg mayo and avo in hers. More tomatoes for us all and the rest of the melon for pudding.

Microwave rice with hot sauce and an apple pie rice pudding pot.

Needed to go food shopping but couldn’t on the way home from work as had 2 bloody laptops in the boot and no parcel shelf in the car so can’t hide them. Got back and felt really tired and lacking in energy.

Back
Top Bottom