Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

The other half of yesterday's tortelloni with veggie bolognese sauce. I made the sauce from scratch, including chopping the onion, as an experiment to see how that went one-handed. I managed it but I burnt it twice, it took forever and I literally had to go and lie down afterwards.

I foresee a lot of ready meals in my future. From Waitrose because there's no option to have carrier bags with Sainsbury's or Tesco now.

I haven't decided yet, I am feeling uninspired and I know from experience that sometimes when it gets to this time and I am not actively thinking about food or working out what prep needs to be done that I can end up not eating. Hopefully inspiration will strike in the next hour or two but I haven't defrosted anything and everything else that I have that can be cooked is just not inspiring me.

I haven't decided yet, I am feeling uninspired and I know from experience that sometimes when it gets to this time and I am not actively thinking about food or working out what prep needs to be done that I can end up not eating. Hopefully inspiration will strike in the next hour or two but I haven't defrosted anything and everything else that I have that can be cooked is just not inspiring me.

I KNOW those days!
You have to eat, though - toast, or cereal/porridge? Nothing better sometimes. :cool:

Chicken butterflied and marinaded at lunchtime with left over chives and parsley from yesterday, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, squeezed a lemon into the bag I marinated it in.

Done in the oven with some butter. It came out a bit like a spicy chicken Kiev. with rice and peas.

Custard pot and then a beer or two later.

How are you getting on RubyToogood - we really do need our arms ideally, eh!
What are your limitations, so far, in case we can help? x
Still discovering them really. So far, it's not so much that I can't do things at all all as that it's just lots of hassle and quite tiring. I even managed to grind a bit of pepper today. I just need to find healthy things that I can make quickly with one hand basically. Yesterday for lunch I opened a pouch of quinoa and had that with sun-dried tomatoes artichokes peas and some salad veg. That was quite effective.

Back
Top Bottom