Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Spaghetti with wild garlic pesto and fennel.

I'm having a bit of a freezer purge- as the wild garlic seems to be coming up again I may as well eat the last of the massive batch of pesto I made at the start of lockdown 1.

Tomorrow will probably be pizza made with dough and tomato sauce I've been adding to the freezer every time I had some left over. Fucking space eaters they are.

Satay sweet potato curry from the BBC website.

Oooh, my sinuses are clear now! From the comments below the recipe I got the impression that it needed a bit more flavour and oomph. Don't know what curry paste those people were using - I put in three hearty heaped tablespoons of the red curry paste I had in the cupboard, and it's blowing my head off. Really yummy though.

Glad to have found a good sweet potato recipe. Made a sweet potato and feta bake the other day that was way too sweet. This recipe with all the salty, hot, tangy goodness from the Thai paste and a good old squeeze of lime really works for me.

Homemade sweet and sour chicken (the one in batter) and bismati rice.
Firm favourite but only eaten once a month.

I am leaving my accommodation tomorrow so have run down food supplies already. So it was a microwave curry from the shop which I’ve already had at 4:15pm.

Fruit later unless I decide to obtain some less healthy food from the shop instead

Glad to have found a good sweet potato recipe. Made a sweet potato and feta bake the other day that was way too sweet. This recipe with all the salty, hot, tangy goodness from the Thai paste and a good old squeeze of lime really works for me.
I made this the other day and really enjoyed it.

Maybe put less coconut milk in i you're worried about sweetness.

Continued with the using up what's in the freezer mission by making pizza with some dough and sauce left over from last time. It was horrible, didn't rise at all.

I didn't have much appetite last night (probably due to heavy lunchtime snackage, I basically rampaged through the crisps and chocolate until I felt ill) but I'd defrosted some sausages and had to eat them so I had sausages and a small amount of tinned plum tomatoes (OH ate the rest of the tomatoes with Richmond veggie sausages and mash).

Tonight we will be having pork chop (me), tuna steak (OH), garlic mushrooms, onion rings, salad, chips.

Back
Top Bottom