Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Made a Jamie Oliver thing where you do a tray of roast veg rubbed with tandoori paste/ red wine vinegar / olive oil and roast a whole chicken, also rubbed in tandoori paste, over it. Was well impressed: it sort of makes the sauce in the vegetables so just get it all out of the oven and serve (then nominate a suitably-aged child to wash up the grill shelf :thumbs:)
CDB664C5-B052-45A7-9587-E15455F6A300.jpeg

Morrison's "best of" battered cod, chips, mushy peas for 2 - from the reduced to clear shelf, utter bargain. I know their battered cod is usually decent (have had that off the reduced to clear shelf in the past) and the chips look nice and chunky, so am looking forward to tea :)

Brief pause between recipe boxes so carbfest of Iceland No Bull pasty, mashed spudatoes and leeks in cheese sauce. The pasty had been languishing in the freezer for ages and it was surprisingly good.

Montezuma white chocolate with orange and butterscotch for afters (probably wouldn't get that again - orange and butterscotch don't belong in white choc, particularly not together).

Made a Jamie Oliver thing where you do a tray of roast veg rubbed with tandoori paste/ red wine vinegar / olive oil and roast a whole chicken, also rubbed in tandoori paste, over it. Was well impressed: it sort of makes the sauce in the vegetables so just get it all out of the oven and serve (then nominate a suitably-aged child to wash up the grill shelf :thumbs:)
View attachment 255524
Did that chicken taste as gorgeous as it looks?

Not had steak in ... 18 months?

Marinated ribeye steak in freshly squeezed lime juice, honey, soya sauce, garlic, ginger, chilli, and a teeny bit of 5 spice for 8 hours.
Flash fried the steak in a searing hot pan...it made a brilliant whoosh!!

Had it with fried onions and homemade chips.
It was beautiful. Lovely caramelised edges and soft melt in your mouth meat.*

I swear my dad raved about it for the past 20 minutes.

*apols to vegetarians and vegans

Eta...mini cornettos for dessert.

Spaghetti, tinned tarka dhal soup, tinned sardines in tomato sauce, tinned plum tomatoes, tinned borlotti beans, cabbage, courgettes, fennel, paprika, turmeric.

Back
Top Bottom