Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Fish cakes, roasted cauliflower, probably some leeks or red cabbage.

Forgot I had mini pumpkins still so one of them instead of cauli.

Did you grow the mini pumpkins or buy them? Just curious, your courgette haul over the autumn made me both happy and envious!

Did you grow the mini pumpkins or buy them? Just curious, your courgette haul over the autumn made me both happy and envious!
I grew them. They're not the best I've ever grown, only the larger ones in this batch are good. The smaller ones I don't think ripened fully and I'm slightly ploughing through them.

I grew them. They're not the best I've ever grown, only the larger ones in this batch are good. The smaller ones I don't think ripened fully and I'm slightly ploughing through them.

Is that because we've had an exceedingly wet autumn? I imagine a high amount of sunny days at this time of year would benefit a pumpkin crop here, but we've had very few breaks in the rain for a while now!

Is that because we've had an exceedingly wet autumn? I imagine a high amount of sunny days at this time of year would benefit a pumpkin crop here, but we've had very few breaks in the rain for a while now!
I think perhaps because I was late getting started. I was halfway through remodelling the garden when lockdown happened and couldn't get finished till after planting time really.

Pickled onions and maybe something else. Not very hungry today.

Ooh I love pickled onions especially the cocktail ones. In 2019 I was the top purchaser of those in my local Sainsbury’s (informed via Nectar). I have discovered I love the Lidl ones which are half the price for double the amount.

I like a bowl of crisps or even just the bag with cocktail pickled onions added.

Back
Top Bottom