Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Yesterday was kimchi, veg and egg fried rice with some king prawns for me and the boy.

My girl has what is probably just a cold/sore throat but with the later addition of a barky cough, so we have a home test on the way and are isolating - OMG, ALREADY BORED.

I had a delivery on Friday but obvs that didn't account for us being stuck in for who knows how long and I miraculously found a single, open Tesco slot for today, with about half an hour to do an additional order, last night - so we're all good for food now but I appear just to have ordered food for a week long picnic :hmm: plus five billion bags of crisps (essential!) which means we're all quite full now :D

Was supposed to be veg chilli with rice and avocado and tomato salsa but we may just have bagels with cream cheese and avo/smoked salmon and cream cheese instead :thumbs:

Some freeze dried potato and bacon thing which was obviously bought at the height of lockdown, topped with cheese and BBQ sauce. Carrots, beetroot and olives from the fridge which needed using up.

Second half of last night's curry. I think this may be the answer to the single person's curry dilemma. Rather than attempting to order less, or stuffing yourself, order slightly more and make it do for two meals. I should probably do my own rice though...

You can order more variety as well which is nice. :)

When I get Chinese I like to make sure there is enough for breakfast. :oops:

Packet of salad, tuna, pickled carrot, pickled red cabbage, spicy guacamole, boiled egg, hot crusty roll. I couldn't be bothered cooking for just myself, and I had bits that needed using up.

I will cook tomorrow. I've spare ribs that need using up. While Mrs D is away I'm eating whatever needs using so when she gets back everything will be fresh in.

Late one tonight! I am roasting a chicken for myself (which will last for a few days of meals) and will fry a tuna steak or a salmon fillet for OH depending upon which he wants. Served with roast potatoes, steamed broccoli, fried mushrooms - and if OH can/remembers to try to pick up a box of Paxo and milk on the way home, maybe either stuffing or yorkshire, or both!

Second half of last night's curry. I think this may be the answer to the single person's curry dilemma. Rather than attempting to order less, or stuffing yourself, order slightly more and make it do for two meals. I should probably do my own rice though...

Oh definitely, tbh I don't think it matters how many people you are ordering for, getting enough for 2 nights means you can get an extra dish or a couple of sides and have several different things :D I often just put all the leftovers into a pan together day 2 and reheat to have with some fresh plain rice or bread (except if I have meat leftovers in which case I'll reheat separately, as OH doesn't eat meat!) Curry is just as lush day 2, if not more so :D

... I think this may be the answer to the single person's curry dilemma. Rather than attempting to order less, or stuffing yourself, order slightly more and make it do for two meals. I should probably do my own rice though...

My downfall is snacking on left overs all evening, then again in the morning, so no matter how much I do, there's never enough to do a second dinner.

Tonight was a spicy aubergine and chickpea stew with bulgur wheat pilaf

Back
Top Bottom