Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What to have with a buttery...this and new food experiences

Butteries are excellent - an improvement on the croissant, that or the croissant is a copy of the buttery.

I recommend putting in the toaster and then adding blackcurrant jam.

Actually I did not really get into the buttery until an adult, despite growing up in Scotland. They are quite specific to the northeast and the slightly strange people that live there: I am from the more proper part of the country. Along with a couple of other things I first started getting them when shopping with someone else who wanted to try some Scottish delicacies.

I just looked them up and they sound as though they might be rather nice but all the photos have the jam spread on top of them, on the crust, which somehow looks wrong. Are they not ever split through the middle? Doesn’t the topping just slide off?

No, a North East of Scotland delicacy like a salty, dense croissant.

The answer to the query is melted cheese.

Why can't the Scottish have proper names for things? "Ye ken that crackery croissant? Tastes quite buttery, no?"

Just for clarification, this is my attempt at amusement. Apologies in advance, etc.

After coming late and being a bit sniffy about trying one after the disastrous scotch pie try out, I have to say the buttery was delicious and very moreish. Do you think they're fattening?
they are a cardiac waiting to happen, especially the ones you get wi bacon and cheese in them. Home Bargains sell them, give them a try, they're fine with sweet or savoury toppings I have found, they also don't go out of date. If they go a bit dry toast it and add butter :D

You also need to try black bun. Thinly sliced and eaten with coffee or tea.

And Selkirk bannock. Toasted and buttered.

Also, soda scone. These are great with toasted cheese and tomato, toasted and buttered with marmalade, toasted and buttered and topped with scrambled eggs, or even split and fried with breakfast! Quarter them into farls.

Back
Top Bottom