Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

WHAT SOUP TAKES LONGEST

Well with primordial soup you've got to wait another billion years for something to evolve enough to invent the microwave.

Fun fact: microwaves were invented by mistake while they were trying to invent radar instead.

You know, I thought it was just me thinking 'primordial soup' was the big puddle of organic goo from which early life came (though I gather the hydrothermal vent idea has a lot of traction these days - I've been out of the loop a bit), rather than a pre-baryonic matter phase. Looking on Google makes me wonder whether we might be right and 2hats has made a very rare mixup.

Fun fact: You can use the microwave for a couple of seconds to massively accelerate the brewing process when making a cup of tea (accidentally discovered after forgetting to boil the kettle).

You know, I thought it was just me thinking 'primordial soup' was the big puddle of organic goo from which early life came (though I gather the hydrothermal vent idea has a lot of traction these days - I've been out of the loop a bit), rather than a pre-baryonic matter phase. Looking on Google makes me wonder whether we might be right and 2hats has made a very rare mixup.
That depends on whether you are a biologist or a physicist. :p

That depends on whether you are a biologist or a physicist. :p

Can't argue with that. I generally know better than to gainsay you on matters of science, but I figured they'd use different words. :)
I think most people use the 'biologist' definition. Google searches, Wikipedia and previous comments on this thread seem to bear that out.

Back
Top Bottom