Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

WHAT SOUP TAKES LONGEST

mrs quoad

AND WHY?

We’re talking bout microwaved soup here, btw.

I am struck that today’s provender blah blah chicken requires just 4.5 minutohs, but iirc many NCG varieties require six minutes. WITH A PAUSE AFTER THREE.

I worry about the state of the world and the hustle and bustle in peoples lives, that 2 minutes difference in a microwave is make or break.

(I don't have a microwave btw).

Gazpacho. If you're making it for about 50 people and you make a list of the ingredients and buy several kilos of tomatoes, and then when you get home from the shops you actually read the recipe only to realise that Every. Single. Fucking. One. of those gazillions of tomatoes needs dunking in boiling water and peeling and that process alone takes forfuckingever. Don't try this at home kids. You're welcome.

How long can microwave soup take? I home-make and freeze my soups, and from straight out the freezer to pleasantly warm to eat is 3 X 2 mins, with a minute or so stiring time between each 2 mins. So 8 minutes is the definitive, correct and only possible answer.

You could be totally making this shit up and everyone would still believe you. :D
In cosmology, recombination refers to the epoch at which charged electrons and protons first became bound to form electrically neutral hydrogen atoms. Recombination occurred about 378,000 years after the Big Bang (at a redshift of z = 1100). The word "recombination" is misleading, since the big bang theory doesn't posit that protons and electrons had been combined before, but the name exists for historical reasons since it was named before the Big Bang hypothesis became the primary theory of the creation of the universe.

Immediately after the Big Bang, the universe was a hot, dense plasma of photons, electrons, and quarks: the Quark epoch. At 10^−6 seconds, the Universe had expanded and cooled sufficiently to allow for the formation of protons: the Hadron epoch. This plasma was effectively opaque to electromagnetic radiation due to Thomson scattering by free electrons, as the mean free path each photon could travel before encountering an electron was very short. This is the current state of the interior of the Sun. As the universe expanded, it also cooled. Eventually, the universe cooled to the point that the formation of neutral hydrogen was energetically favored, and the fraction of free electrons and protons as compared to neutral hydrogen decreased to a few parts in 10,000.
Recombination (cosmology)

I worry about the state of the world and the hustle and bustle in peoples lives, that 2 minutes difference in a microwave is make or break.

(I don't have a microwave btw).
Sadly, some of us have to live in that world, 45 minutes for lunch and colleagues in the microqueue cursing you as you stir and reinsert

When I was young, I remember my gran taking a whole day to make a big pot of Skink Soup - but the wait was worth it. :)

I assumed it meant "takes the longest to microwave".
Poor OP formulation! :mad:

Well with primordial soup you've got to wait another billion years for something to evolve enough to invent the microwave.

Fun fact: microwaves were invented by mistake while they were trying to invent radar instead.

With microwaveable soup it pays to invest an extra couple of minutes to ensure it doesn't boil. I tend to ignore the typical instructions to nuke it for 5-6 minutes straight, and check it every couple of minutes, then when getting warmer reduce it to 30-second bursts. Boiling soup doesn't necessarily ruin it but it certainly impairs the flavour IMO. On the hob whist stirring is best though.

Back
Top Bottom