Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What should I download to watch on a loooooong train journey?

I’m going to Cornwall on Thursday and travelling alone. I have about 14 hours on trains to kill going there and back again.

I have Prime, Netflix and Disney + as well as the standard terrestrials.

I’d like something gripping and exciting, nothing visually 18 plus. I’ve got 3 episodes of Trigger Point to watch and that’s the kind of thing I like. I don’t really like watching funny things in public and would prefer series rather than films.

Thank you 😊

There's some good suggestions on this thread :)

There's loads of Dennis Potter stuff available too.

iPlayer has The Singing Detective ❤️

All4 has Cold Lazarus, Karaoke and Lipstick on Your Collar 👍

Have you seen Only Murders in the Building on Disney?
I watched two episodes but it didn’t grab me, sorry.

I’ve watched both series of traitors too recently to want to binge in another country. Seen all of Singing Detective. Will have a look of the other ones. The Devon and Cornwall one could be good.

Will take a look at that other thread thanks UnderOpenSky :thumbs:

I’m going to Cornwall on Thursday and travelling alone. I have about 14 hours on trains to kill going there and back again.

I have Prime, Netflix and Disney + as well as the standard terrestrials.

I’d like something gripping and exciting, nothing visually 18 plus. I’ve got 3 episodes of Trigger Point to watch and that’s the kind of thing I like. I don’t really like watching funny things in public and would prefer series rather than films.

Thank you 😊
If you're not arriving too late, the view from the left hand side as you go past Dawlish is really fantastic!

I’m not! Thanks. I’ve only been at night before so I may well spend most of my post brizzle time looking out the window
There is some stunning scenery on that journey, starting from the River Exe, through Dawlish and Teignmouth and over the spectacular Tamar Bridge.

Views like this:

View from a train, Lympstone and boats on the River Exe, train to St Ives, August 2005

Towards Dawlish, train to St Ives, Cornwall, August 2005

Trees on a hill, Devon

Brunel's Tamar Bridge

It’s likely to be quite damp down here Thursday which may hinder views but yes the scenery from Exeter to Newton can be spectacular, do make sure you’re sitting on the LHS of train if you can :)

Stare out the window or read a book.

Don’t look at a screen.

I think if anyone is going to spend 14 hours on trains they deserve to stare at what they want, when they want, how they want etc blah.

It'd drive me nuts, I couldn't read or stare at the scenery for that long. I'd nod off and have me shoes nicked and cider swiped.

Back
Top Bottom