Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What is this car sized object which America has shot down?

Is it just me, or has the world gone all horribly Brian Aldiss (his more semi as opposed to full-on science fiction novels?) *

Weird unknown objects in the sky shot down in gung-ho fashion; worldwide societal shutdowns at the hands of a previously unknown virus that tens of millions claim was lab-created or bogus; a major war on the fringe of Europe that could feasibly go nuclear; billionaires funding the possibility of escape to other planets for the lucky super-rich few before the super volcano (or summat) goes off; a society cosuming itself in pointless, unwinnable arguments over matters trivial relative to a beckoning doom, not least a climate threat we have no control over... And that's not to mention the potential threat from such things as AI etc etc.

* I realise that this might not be an an entirely accurate representation of what BA actually wrote, but you know what I mean.

I mean it's a theory la, and you made some effort beyond twitter links and shit memes, but no we are not tumbling into nuclear war and billionaires can't escape earth at this stage. They can insist on totalitarianism though. Which would last forever. See the match?

I mean it's a theory la, and you made some effort beyond twitter links and shit memes, but no we are not tumbling into nuclear war and billionaires can't escape earth at this stage. They can insist on totalitarianism though. Which would last forever. See the match?
It isn't a theory, just a feeling. Which might have disappeared tomorrow. Or not.

Having said that, the Doonmsday Clock people say we are closer to nuclear war then ever, and the (stupidly hopeless) planet escape project is a real, ongoing thing. Not noticed anybody insisting on totalitarianism, however. They don't need to impose it when we can do a semblance of it all on our own.

That's good then as your post makes little sense in the first place. Unless I've gone all Brian Aldiss again.

'Doomsday' was actually a medieval attempt by the occupying Normans to document England and what they could extract in tax. E.g 6 acres a shilling a year. 2 bulls a fiver. And to demarkate land (with a view to stealing it's ownership.

Paging BigMoaner
Come in BigMoaner

Was this like the UFO you think you saw in Anerley last year?
yes. but orange. and...

1676107683643.png

so the black tech bit at teh bottom was on the side as the nose and it was travelling really fucking fast and high up. these things in the news are definitely the closest i have seen as explanation, and cos they look silver and shimmery, teh orange could have been the sun reflecting off it. still gives me chills when i think about it.

still nto sure why spy ballons would be made to look like that. surely you would want people to look up and think "oh a ballon, how nice" instead of what teh usual reaction is at a perfectly round thing flying around teh sky.

still nto sure why spy ballons would be made to look like that. surely you would want people to look up and think "oh a ballon, how nice" instead of what teh usual reaction is at a perfectly round thing flying around teh sky.
The one that was shot down last night was not like a balloon.
It was cylindrical and silver grey in colour.

Back
Top Bottom