Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

Imitation Of Life - it made my eyes hurt and then made them water. Classic Sirk melodrama, surprisingly progressive for 1958!

My sister is watching Point Break on my dad´s humungous screen. The film is almost as old as her. Makes me feel ancient.

Outcast it sounded qiute good from peoples descriptions. Grimy and bleak. James Nesbit having his throat ripped out=win

Kill List.....great all the way through, then spoilt within ten minutes of the end by my narky teenager being proper mard about his broken bike.

It's probably been mentioned in this thread, but Black Swan was awesome. Best film i've seen for a while, on so many levels. Natalie Portman, stunning performance! :)

What's Eating Gilbert Grape - I'm sure i'd seen it years ago. Beautiful yet sad story. Amazing performance from a young DiCaprio.

Attack the Block- very enjoyable light wieght romp ( which is what you need after a few too many beers) but I couldn't find any redeeming qualities in that little gang at all.

The Guard- Hats off to the witers and the wonderful Brendan Gleeson one of the best comedies I have seen this year.

Outcast....had many things in common with Kill List, although it's a different film. It was okay I thought, well made budget horror, woman from Red Road was good, probably the first thing I've ever seen other than adverts with James Nesbit in.

it is the best performance I have seen from him- grey/black bearded like some old irish sea king, merrily throat chopping scallies and gutting birds. The bloke who plays the laird also played the PIRA priest in Sons of Anarchy series 3.

Lars Von Trier - Melancholia

The film? I don't know. I'm still trying to work out why he allowed one of the drunk wedding guests to operate the camera?!

0/5

Watch it on drugs :D

I thought it was a masterpiece, but my critical faculties had probably completely left me

Midnight Meat Train. Some great scenes and elements, ultimately let down by a weird ending that didn't do the start justice IMO. Loved Vinnie Jones too.

Have you seen/read Kiss Of The Spiderwoman, belushi/Reno - it references Cat People a hell of a lot. Ace book/film about a political prisoner who keeps himself going by recounting old favourite movies to his cellmate.

Oh, and I watched the first half of The Expendables. I'm not sure I can be arsed watching the rest. I think it might be dreadful. I convinced myself that it was a postmodernist work of genius, but I'd consumed the best part of two bottles of wine, so think I may be wrong about that.

Back
Top Bottom