Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

Source Code the other day, good, bit plot by numbers and also a bit dark, but it passed the time.
Just watched Brighton Rock. I thought it was really good, bit dark (visually), would probably be a lot better on a bigger screen (ie not a computer). Although I've read the book before I really understood the film a lot better.

9 Songs - load of crap, except for the bit with Elbow.

Also watched some Japanese anime thing cal Demon King Daimao which was the lamest thing I've ever see in my life.

went to see latest planet of the apes and really enjoyed it apart from one aspect but don't want to spoil it for others.

the talking apes was shite

Super 8.

It was really enjoyable, the nostalgic small town setting looked great, the kids weren't annoying, you were kind of hoping it turned out okay for both them and the angry creature from another planet, until it got towards the end. By then, things had become just too mawkish. I was a bit disappointed with it to be honest. It let the film down.

Submarine.

really excellent. Lots of laughs, touching, and all too believable as well. When Considine was doing his nu-age talks tho, he didn't half remiond me of Julian Cope.

Dexter season 2 - first two episodes. Not as good as the 1st season, could lose me if it doesnt pick up

Oh please...Shinjuku Incident is like an annoying haemorrhoidlodged between disorientation and boredom.
What is the meaning of the Chinese gangster turned goth? Laughable.
He was the softest one among the group, the one that was less likely to turn 'bad' and become a gangster. But with all the trauma and abuse he had, he's lost it. Being a goth covering his scars with heavy makeup is his way to escape.

He was the softest one among the group, the one that was less likely to turn 'bad' and become a gangster. But with all the trauma and abuse he had, he's lost it. Being a goth covering his scars with heavy makeup is his way to escape.
Shinjuku+Incident+4.jpg

Hurt soul.
Man over the edge.
Vengeance.

Does this look symbolise those things?
To me, he looks like a clown in drag.

"The Ghost", which was quite good. And Then "The Arrival" in which Charlie Sheen has a fight with a phone box, and loses - and then tells the world there's a conspiracy of shape shifting aliens planning to colonise Earth.

This is not a documentary, sadly.

Tonight its been "In The Name Of The King", the Uwe boll film - In the extended directors cut version. Much better than the other version, but still not much cop.

Just watched Thor, sooo good! Nice mix of sci-fi, mythicism and comedy, Natalie portman is sexy and her buddy is funny. Idris Elba looks way cooool and brad pitt's twin was good as thor as well. Great graphics and good story! All in all very enjoyable popcorn movie!

Tom Tykwer's Heaven. Different and enjoyable especially the music of Arvo Part.

Cate Blanchett, so versatile.

:p

Kill Bill 1&2 I think I'm going off Tarantino with his pedestrian monologues as in Death Proof and Kill Bill 2.

A very uncanny resemblance in the many suited Japanese men in Kill Bill and the Matrix multiple Agent Smiths. Given it was the same fight organiser I'm not surprised! Who lifted who?

:p

75329_gal.jpg

I don't understand why this movie was panned.
Sure it had some flaws but that was the entire point. It's not meant to be a sentimental piece.

Saw this last night. A truly good indie production by Portman's own company.
Tight script about death and bereavement, I know, not the best topics to write a comedy under.
But what's meant to be vulgar in it's delivery, ends in something beautiful and original.
Me loves!

Source Code. Some sci-fi I like but this was awful. I got to thirty minutes and became bored - offski. I don't mind if it is total and extreme fantasy or something that contains a few real elements in it such as 2001 but this was just boring bollocks.

I think they should re-title it to Deja Vu because I'm sure I've seen the same themes in many other films.

I also think that if the characters don't interest you in a short time one is on a hiding to nothing. As such Gyllenhaal and Monaghan do nothing for me.

Back
Top Bottom