Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

Ressources Humaines. French film from 1999 about a business student returning to his hometown and interning for the summer at the factory his father works at and learning about the reality of business ethics the hard way. Very good.

Blitz. Jason Statham's British cop character teams up with a gay Inspector to combat an evil cop-killer who, in his introductory scene in the film, is lying on the bed wanking when Statham knocks on the door.

At one point in the film, Statham asks the gay inspector whether or not he 'interfered' with him in his sleep.

On a previous assignment, the Inspector had popped a pedophile's bollocks with a baseball bat, and then went on stress leave.

The Mechanic, with Jason Statham. It's a remake of a film by the same name from the seventies that had Charles Bronson in the role of Bishop, the Mechanic; Jan Michael Vincent in the role of the protege; and Keenan Wynn in the role now played by Donald Sutherland.

Something I haven't seen yet, but am wanting to catch, is Hobo With A Shotgun.

Hobo-With-A-Shotgun-20111.jpg

The Mechanic, with Jason Statham. It's a remake of a film by the same name from the seventies that had Charles Bronson in the role of Bishop, the Mechanic; Jan Michael Vincent in the role of the protege; and Keenan Wynn in the role now played by Donald Sutherland.

The remake is utter puke.

Ridley Scott's "The Duellists"; did I mention that? Harvey Keitel and Keith Carradine duke it out during the Napoleonic wars. Odd choice of actors but beautiful looking film, like a series of paintings.

I watched Transformers 2 today. I didn't realize I'd seen it before until about the last 10 minutes. Thoroughly enjoyed it though, even if I felt more than a little exhausted at the end (too much action???)

A Town Called Panic. Expands the universe a bit from the shorts, and most of the action takes place out of the house. I would have never imagined that a town called panic could sustain a whole feature length movie but it does. It's relentless and it's bloody brilliant. There are many more movements in the characters which I wasn't so keen on but the general ramped up production levels didn't really ruin it. Awesome.

Its on Film Four now, and is absolutely brilliant.

Its on Film Four now, and is absolutely brilliant.
Just missed it. I was gutted.
But I have watched it a million times. The penguin thing isn't so great but that's probably just in comparison with rest of it.

It's one of the only films I watched a second time straight after finishing it the first time. Nuts.

Animal Kingdom, Australian drama about a boy who goes to live with his estranged gran & uncles who are nut case gangsters. Decent enough film.

That film was fuckin' awesome. The Airwolf guy's finest hour...

That's not saying much when it comes to Jan Michael Vincent. :D

Maybe it was Bronson's finest hour, though; although Bronson's had some good ones: Red Sun, etc.

Actually, when I think back, that film did get us all enrolled in karate classes etc. :)

Back
Top Bottom