Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What DVD / Video did you watch last night? (pt3)

That's not saying much when it comes to Jan Michael Vincent. :D

Maybe it was Bronson's finest hour, though; although Bronson's had some good ones: Red Sun, etc.

Actually, when I think back, that film did get us all enrolled in karate classes etc. :)

That film was heartbreaking cos he was betrayed by Airwolf man, the same man he stuck up for against his boss. Tragic.

Which one is Red Sun?
He made loads of great films - Telefon (hugely underrated), Once Upon a Time in the West...

That film was heartbreaking cos he was betrayed by Airwolf man, the same man he stuck up for against his boss. Tragic.

Which one is Red Sun?
He made loads of great films - Telefon (hugely underrated), Once Upon a Time in the West...

Yeah, but Jan Michael Vincent gets his comeuppance in the end. :)

Red Sun is the one where Bronson is a gunslinger in the old west who has to team up with samurai Toshiro Mifune, for reasons that I can't recall.

'Russian Ark' Three centuries of Russian history in one continuous ninety minute shot at the Hermitage. Incredible technical achievement.

hanna
ludicrous but fun
shorty reardon is quite a good actress
shite soundtrack though
the hippy family were the best bit

Knuckle - a documentary about bare knuckle fighting in the Irish traveler community and the feuds that perpetuate over the years.

Red State - Kevin Smith has a go at making a horror film... starts out feeling like a standard teen slasher flick then goes fucking bonkers.

The Arsenal Stadium Mystery.

No jokes about the mystery being the lack of atmosphere at the Emirates. A 1939 comedy thriller starring Leslie Banks.

Red State - Kevin Smith has a go at making a horror film... starts out feeling like a standard teen slasher flick then goes fucking bonkers.

Just watched a trailer - looks good. Bonkers in a twisted macabre way, or bonkers as in it's crap?

Watched Mad Max last night. Haven't seen it before. A bit crap I thought. I don't understand why it's been hailed as such a classic. It's got loads of unnecessary music and explosions and stuff. Gibson was pretty dire. The script is awful too.

I have to do my showreel tonight for a job interview.
For the last hour I have weirdly been watching myself reviewing DVDs of films I don't even remember watching.

Shinjuku Incident

Survivals, gang rivials among the yakuza, the illegal chinese, friends corrupted by powers...
It was very good.

Shinjuku Incident

Survivals, gang rivials among the yakuza, the illegal chinese, friends corrupted by powers...
It was very good.

Oh please...Shinjuku Incident is like an annoying haemorrhoid lodged between disorientation and boredom.
What is the meaning of the Chinese gangster turned goth? Laughable.

Source Code. Surprised at how it didn't completely fuck it up with the ending. Well made and engaging, Jake is ace in it, altho the woman playing Goodwin reminded me a bit too much of ~Maggie G, which was a bit odd.

Then A Single Man. Superb performance from Firth, and wotsisname from Skins was damn fine too. But, god, the oh so clever and stylish direction was fucking irritating.

And finished with Imitation of Life, again. Wonderfully OTT.

barry lyndon last night with my parents. somewhat spoilt by interruptions every five minutes of 'isnt that xxxx from some shit thing in the 70s'

Back
Top Bottom