Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you panic buying?

I'm panic buying reflective thermal shed insulation (and some extra to stick behind my radiators) and some that stuff to stretch over windows in the winter.

Reactions: ash
I am very tempted to spend a fortune on merino base layers but so far have resisted the urge. Is this like the Marshall Plan, spending less now not to spend more later? Or is it just a panic buy that would blow up my budget for no reason?

The ordinary thermal undies are my go to.
I did buy some bamboo ones a few years ago that were great

If you're living in minus 15 ...for most of the winter...the merino ones might be worth a look.

The regular ordinary non merino thermal tops and bottoms wash and dry without the risk of shrinkage though.

The ordinary thermal undies are my go to.
I did buy some bamboo ones a few years ago that were great

If you're living in minus 15 ...for most of the winter...the merino ones might be worth a look.

The regular ordinary non merino thermal tops and bottoms wash and dry without the risk of shrinkage though.

Thanks, that's useful. When you say 'were great' - have they perished in a few years?
I like the sound of merino because I'm keen on a natural fabric. They might be good at really low temperatures but I imagine they wouldn't make me sweat either. Knew of a courier using a merino top for work.

I'm seriously considering getting an electric blanket.
Thanks, that's useful. When you say 'were great' - have they perished in a few years?
I like the sound of merino because I'm keen on a natural fabric. They might be good at really low temperatures but I imagine they wouldn't make me sweat either. Knew of a courier using a merino top for work.

The bamboo thermals were fantastic and cosy.
But yes...they perished after 2 yrs.

I like the idea of merino too ...but was put off by the faff of drying flat etc. The brother had merino thermals and didnt follow the washing instructions and ended up with a tee & long johns fit for a 5 yr old
🤣

Aladdin I wouldn’t be without my electric blanket. It’s been a real lifesaver when it’s been cold. I bought mine when I had more slack in my budget, so I went for top of the range. It has variable control functions, so there are four temperature zones, for each half of the double bed, and top and bottom. And I can vary the temperature, and set the timer to go off in one hour, or in 5, 8, or 12 hours. Can’t remember how much it cost, but even now I have less money, having experienced this, I would definitely buy it again.

Aladdin I wouldn’t be without my electric blanket. It’s been a real lifesaver when it’s been cold. I bought mine when I had more slack in my budget, so I went for top of the range. It has variable control functions, so there are four temperature zones, for each half of the double bed, and top and bottom. And I can vary the temperature, and set the timer to go off in one hour, or in 5, 8, or 12 hours. Can’t remember how much it cost, but even now I have less money, having experienced this, I would definitely buy it again.
I got one for Xmas, not as full on, but with a timer, it's great, so effective. Didn't they used to be quite dangerous in the past? Couldn't say why but it feels much safer

I did have to learn how to drive it, which took a while. Y’know, what temperature works best for me, how many hours I prefer, when I might want half on or off etc. Based on how differently I use it through the year and what my own needs are, I would always recommend the variables controls option.

I got one for Xmas, not as full on, but with a timer, it's great, so effective. Didn't they used to be quite dangerous in the past? Couldn't say why but it feels much safer

Yeah, I think they we’re pretty dodgy in the past. Just as well the good ol’ EU is so hot on H&S for these things. Oh, wait...
But you’ll be okay there Aladdin , with EU safety stuff.

Yeah, I think they we’re pretty dodgy in the past. Just as well the good ol’ EU is so hot on H&S for these things. Oh, wait...
But you’ll be okay there Aladdin , with EU safety stuff.

I started looking at them online this morning...and then saw that they're not a good idea over a memory foamattress.

.might check out an over blanket

Back
Top Bottom