Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are the top five dodgiest songs from the eighties?

I fucking hate this song.

just watched that in shock

used to really confuse me because I could never decide if I liked it or if it was terrible + trying to work out if it was Christian or not.

It's probably a good thing I've never seen the video before - it's fucking shit innit.

i remembered this one freaking me out somewhat....

Yeah, that Karel Fialka tune used to bug me a bit when it came out.

that's song/video's fucked up:(

just had a nostalga rush - that bit when he's listing the tv programmes, Dukes Of Hazard, He-man & the A team etc. was almost my childhood around the same time.

+ that shock of realising you somehow know something (wierd coincidence, was reading a thread on another board last night about the Now/Hits etc comps and they kept name dropping this song - didn't really recognise the title but had the sort of feeling I should.)
That repeated motif in the music has solved a 17 year old nagging 'what was that song thast sounds a bit like something else' mystery.

I loved this one when I was about 8: But I did have the excuse of being 8

lol at that video - the world's most boring and gormless Astronaut in the universe is having an affair with a silver wigged Movellan that's stolen Madonna's pointy bra from our future.

Isn't that shot of the spacecraft from UFO or Space 1999? & How did they have a cyborg Geordi La Forge several years too early for Star Trek TNG? (eta wiki says he audition in 86 so - did that video influence Star Trek?)

It was an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini.

pos not an original observation but that video triggered horrific thoughts of a mass orgy involving all of them & Timmy Mallet (ick)

I liked that at the time - I was 10. (& Timmy Mallett/Wacaday)

Never really liked this version at the time...

Bananarama + French and Saunders...

That video confused me, didn't know why French & Saunders were in it (or even who they were yet)
Had the song words poster/pinup from Fast Forward Magazine pinned to the corkboard just by the end of my bed, ended up freaking me out at night because I could see a faint ghostly image of the photo of them pointing.

And everything by Deacon fucking Blue. Especially this.

Dignity is earned by working hard, and never complaining (however much you're being exploited/treated like shit), just as long as you've got lots of money safely tucked away in the bank.
FUCK RIGHT OFF

Back
Top Bottom