Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What’s currently acceptable on NowTV?

Finally ending my suggestion blitz today on this thread, I’m just starting the brand new and so far reasonably well received sitcom series Mr Bigstuff. Not a recommendation yet obviously but a suggestion.

I seem to be in the minority in this country regarding the acting prowess of Danny fucking Dyer, so I am approaching this from from far less than an objective standpoint, because I can’t help but see him as a one-trick East London cheeky Cockney pony, annoying wanker. But I will try to be as objective as possible.

Last edited:
Watched the 2018 adaptation of Fahrenheit 451 the other night. It's long been one of my favourite books of all time. I've seen the 66 film, and that was ok, but the 2018 is an updated version and it was fucking BRILLIANT. 100% recommend, especially if you're a fan of the book.

I’m glad the title of this thread sets the bar at acceptable because this is not yet a recommendation. I got intrigued by the Guardian’s review of Fantasmas as not only a 5/5 star show and pretty much a transformative game changer for the comedy genre

The first episode is certainly like a breath of fresh air scriptwriting-wise, but a game-changing universally acclaimed show this is not. Still, will persevere with it because credit where it’s due, it’s highly original and I have already seen an ace cameo in it.

Wise Guy - David Chase interview about the Sopranos, in two parts. Excellent viewing - funny, interesting, eye-opening at times.

Back
Top Bottom