Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What’s currently acceptable on NowTV?

I very much like A Discovery of Witches.

And also Euphoria

Yellowjackets

Just starting The Fear Index

Just look at the film list. Loads there. There’s some tv stuff on the entertainment but it’s mostly low quality.
Though if I had to drop one streaming service it would be Now TV, cos I don’t watch it nearly as much as the others.

Just look at the film list. Loads there. There’s some tv stuff on the entertainment but it’s mostly low quality.
Though if I had to drop one streaming service it would be Now TV, cos I don’t watch it nearly as much as the others.

I dropped it and then started it up again this week and got it for free for 3 months.

Yea, Murdoch’s cancer but I’m scraping the barrel.

So, recommendations?

AFAIK SKY (and NOW) were bought by Comcast in 2018 which meant I could start paying for my F1 streams whilst being safe in the knowledge I wasn't filling Rupert Murdoch's pockets. Making me positively virtuous*.

*nobody mention Saudi Arabia, China, Bahrain or Russia please. kthanxbai

AFAIK SKY (and NOW) were bought by Comcast in 2018 which meant I could start paying for my F1 streams whilst being safe in the knowledge I wasn't filling Rupert Murdoch's pockets. Making me positively virtuous*.

*nobody mention Saudi Arabia, China, Bahrain or Russia please. kthanxbai

Yup, got nothing to do with Murdoch. They also treat their employees very well.

Stuff on there which is older but good that I’ve watched or seen on there - The Wire, Oz, The Sopranos, Treme, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Generation Kill, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Show me a Hero, Deadwood

I hadn’t seen any of these until I took out NowTV a few years ago.

Yellowjackets
Just watched season one. They don’t have season two. I ended up liking it much more than I thought I was going to. It started out very US high school teen drama, but definitely improved. I thought Shauna as an adult and Misty as an adult and Natalie as a child were the best characters.

I didn’t like the Wire.

We’re going to give Succession another go. We tried it before and weren’t keen. (Two episodes). But you live in hope!

Fair enough.

Succession is brilliant and awful at the same time. It's really well done and if it gets its claws into you you'll feel compelled to keep watching. It's also awful and full of terrible people though.

Me & my wife like Alone, one of those competitive wilderness survival type shows. And another vote for We Own This City; we’ll probably rewatch that soon as there’s a lot of detail you might not catch on first viewing.

The first good episode of Succession is episode 6. You probably need to have seen episode 5, but not the preceding 4. I wouldn’t have bothered sticking with it if there had been anything else to watch.

We've been watching tons of stuff on Nowtv - there's so many good quality HBO programmes once you really start getting into it.

Recently, can recommend:

Mare of Easttown
Spector (about Phil Spector obv)
The Enfield Haunting (this was fucking brilliant)
Into the Storm (Brendan Gleeson making a bloody good job of playing Churchill)
Curb your Enthusiasm (currently on S3 so no bastard spoilers!)
The Jinx (about Robert Blake - currently on S1 ep5 - again with the spoilers)
Breeders (genuinely laugh out loud funny)
Nightingale

NowTV can be very good value for money and unless they’ve changed it recently, when you go to your account online to cancel your subscription they invariably will tempt you with mad offers such as £3.50 per month for three months. I have a friend who swears she’s effectively paying well below list prices over the course of the year because of it.

However, they are probably the worst offenders for taking off shows, or random seasons of them, even though they clearly have exclusive broadcast rights for the UK. Up to a few weeks ago the entire Curb Your Enthusiasm series was available. Now suddenly seasons 9-12 have disappeared. Cunts.

NowTV can be very good value for money and unless they’ve changed it recently, when you go to your account online to cancel your subscription they invariably will tempt you with mad offers such as £3.50 per month for three months. I have a friend who swears she’s effectively paying well below list prices over the course of the year because of it.

However, they are probably the worst offenders for taking off shows, or random seasons of them, even though they clearly have exclusive broadcast rights for the UK. Up to a few weeks ago the entire Curb Your Enthusiasm series was available. Now suddenly seasons 9-12 have disappeared. Cunts.
Nooo!!! For fucks sake!

The Flight Attendant is surprisingly good as a comedy whodunnit mystery crime series. Similar vibe to Only Murders in the Building (another big thumbs up from me, though that one is on Disney+).

Brassic is also very good indeed

And, assuming it is still available, The White Lotus is one of the greatest TV series of the last few years on this or any other platform on the planet :)

Back
Top Bottom