Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

West Norwood news, chitter chatter and gossip

We've got a few more pub hours nights coming up at the Great North Wood if you fancy a dance.

Friday October 6th - Rebel Rebel. A big mixture of stuff - Bowie, Buzzcocks, Joy Division, Supremes, Chic, Soft Cell, whatever we fancy really.

Friday October 13th - Great Big Kiss soul club. Motown, northern soul, and 60s girl groups played on vinyl.

I love doing these West Norwood nights. They're always so much fun - and a five minute walk home!

We've got a few more pub hours nights coming up at the Great North Wood if you fancy a dance.

Friday October 6th - Rebel Rebel. A big mixture of stuff - Bowie, Buzzcocks, Joy Division, Supremes, Chic, Soft Cell, whatever we fancy really.

Friday October 13th - Great Big Kiss soul club. Motown, northern soul, and 60s girl groups played on vinyl.

I love doing these West Norwood nights. They're always so much fun - and a five minute walk home!
Send me some blurb and I'll do a Buzz feature if you like!

I walked past The Great North Wood and heard Judy Street's What, and Frankie Valley's The Night from the first floor of The Great North Wood fortnight ago. Was that you lot?

This is tonight!

The West Norwood swimming pool has had to close again. Emergency repairs.

How long had it been back open?

Here's the clubs at the Great North Wood for November. Both run from 7pm-midnight.

Friday November 3rd - Rebel Rebel. Punk indie soul disco glam whatever we feel like playing night. Not many tickets left for this one.

Friday November 10th - Great Big Kiss soul night. Motown, northern soul, and 60s girl groups, all played on vinyl.

Is this madness? Genius? A folly to rank alongside the time that me and Dub did a New Year's Day party at the Windmill and no-one was there apart from a handful of bleary-eyed Urbanites? Who can tell? Even so, I'm doing an (Almost) New Year's Eve party at the Great North Wood on Saturday December 30th. It's a Saturday! You'll be sick of staying at home by then and this is the perfect warm up for the big night, all over by midnight! What could go wrong?

Tickets here - Rebel Rebel - (Almost) New Year's Eve Party!

Here's this month's nights at the Great North Wood. This is the last of the Great Big Kiss nights in West Norwood as the night is returning to The Phoenix in central London from January onwards.

Fri Dec 1st - Rebel Rebel. Bowie, Buzzcocks, Blondie...glam punk indie soul disco whatever we fancy dancing night.

Fri Dec 8th - Great Big Kiss. Motown, northern soul, and 60s girl groups, all played on vinyl. The last night of lugging the decks up the stairs for me - I am getting too old for this!

Fri Dec 30th - Rebel Rebel almost NYE party! See in the new year a day early/avoid NYE altogether....with our usual random mix of glam punk indie disco soul and more.

Tonight! The last Great Big Kiss in West Norwood. Come and have one last dance in SE27 to the finest Motown, northern soul and 60s girl groups. 7pm-midnight at The Great North Wood.

We play:

Sugar Pie DeSanto * The Shangri-Las * Jackie Wilson * Dusty Springfield * Chuck Berry * Gloria Jones * Ike And Tina Turner * The Supremes * Pat Powdrill * Mamie Galore * LaVern Baker * Big Mama Thornton * Stevie Wonder Aretha Franklin * Richard Berry And The Pharoahs * The Del-Vikings * The Silhouettes * Little Richard * Nancy Sinatra * Del Shannon * Ray Charles * Melba Moore * The Shirelles * Edwin Starr * Little Anthony And The Imperials Ruth Brown * Bo Diddley * The Orlons * Wanda Jackson * Otis Redding * Fats Domino and loads more...!

More info - great big kiss soul club in london, motown, northern soul, girl groups, rock n roll club night

Tomorrow night!

The next Rebel Rebel at the Great North Wood is on Saturday December 30th. Don't feel like braving the crowds on New Year's Eve? Or fancy a warm up for the big night? Then join us at Rebel Rebel at The Great North Wood on Saturday January 30th for a post-Christmas/pre-NYE pub hours party. We'll start at 7pm and be finished by midnight so you'll still get plenty of beauty sleep for NYE proper. Happy (Almost) New Year!

We'll play:
David Bowie * Buzzcocks * Joy Division * The Supremes * James Brown * Chic * Little Richard * The Who * Blondie * The Specials * Ramones * Pet Shop Boys * Aretha Franklin * Jimi Hendrix * Kate Bush * Pixies * Soft Cell * Thin Lizzy * whatever we want

Back
Top Bottom