Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's on in Brixton: live music, DJ nights, comedy, club and entertainment news

Am at effra social.

Can confirm editor has the dance floor eating out of his hand.

It’s a great venue. Like it.

Sorry for multi post but was great to meet editor last night. Apologies for drunken gushing later on in the evening but was huge fun.

Absolute riot.

Anyone fancy some batshit mad Japanese hiphop?

Dos Monos (on tour with black midi) do their London headline show at the Windmill on 15 Nov.

Sorry for multi post but was great to meet editor last night. Apologies for drunken gushing later on in the evening but was huge fun.

Absolute riot.

It was a pleasure to meet you and I'm glad you enjoyed the night. I had a blast!

Here's some pics:

In photos: dancefloor action on the Brixton MegaPop party, Effra Social, Sat 8th Oct 2022

In photos: dancefloor action on the Brixton MegaPop party, Effra Social, Sat 8th Oct 2022

More here In photos: lively dancefloor action at the Brixton MegaPop party, Effra Social, Sat 8th Oct 2022

On checking the Academy to see whether it's safe to go to the Beehive, I see this very eccentric offering tonight.
Will the Beehive have enough beer to cope with this lot pre-loading and post-loading?

On checking the Academy to see whether it's safe to go to the Beehive, I see this very eccentric offering tonight.
Will the Beehive have enough beer to cope with this lot pre-loading and post-loading?

i wouldnt streess.....

That sounds quite good.

In general, I tend to avoid Brixton Academy these days, as most nights I'm interested in are 'late night' events where its mandatory to be aggressively funneled past a drug sniffer dog.

This was flagged up on Brixton Bugle.
Bureau of Silly Ideas - in the Valentia Place arches behind Sports Direct - are hosing this on Saturday 19th November 2022

Early bird £1.50 rickets sold out - but looks like plenty still available at £2.50

Earl Gateshead is in town this thursday as special guest playing a vinyl selection at Brixx Bar and Grill
alongside local selectors.

9ADD4023-1F09-4934-A2BF-A3DDD5B7E3E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone know of any venues around Brixton that could accommodate a dub and steppas night? Space wise anything from a hundred upwards. Cheers.

I did have an event lined up there earlier in the year but was cancelled at very short notice due to there bar and other staff coming down ill with the same bug. Thankfully i never incured any losses because we got the room and date on the off chance and no money was needed up front. I wasn't even charging much for entry, we just wanted to put a night on and play. Profit wasn't the driver. Will give them another nudge and see if we can do something before the summer season kicks in.

Tonight in Brixton! Live bluegrass and klezmer at the Prince Albert - starts at 8pm, free entry

We did a squat night at the Normandy many moons ago. My first ever set playing Balkan beats. I used quite a few tunes from this lot below. It's a bit chessy and real fun to Dj. Easy to beat match, high octane, bouncy and fills the floor. It ended up a raucous and successful night. Job done!

Back
Top Bottom