Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Weird planes

It was the Iranian F14s that were impressive. They were definitely still flying some in 2015. Does anyone know if they still have airworthy Tomcats ?
I read somewhere (within the last year) an estimate of something like 12 operational F-14AM (locally upgraded model), primarily based at Mehrabad. All the retired US F-14’s at the boneyard were supposed to have been shredded to stop parts finding their way to Iran.

hummel-helicopter-2.jpg

A weird helicopter: two seater foldable chopper by Hummel.

They need to sack their carpet fitters.
747 front end? With a 70s or 80s fit? was going to say is it in a museum? but the David Clarkes suggest some kind of test or training flights. Or, given the thread is at a cabin from something never launched? But again why the headsets?

Empty 767

_Z68rZGyW4kNNwggORIxDnqSlHTmQ40bEgDCCgo_OMk.jpg
Ignoring the lack of seats and concentrating on the lighting & ceiling design, it's disappointing how time after time what Boeing and Airbus showcase for their models is nowhere to be seen in the working frames operated by airlines. Haven't flown it yet but been told real life experiences of the much hyped 787 "Dreamliner" are a world apart from the PR photos.

Ignoring the lack of seats and concentrating on the lighting & ceiling design, it's disappointing how time after time what Boeing and Airbus showcase for their models is nowhere to be seen in the working frames operated by airlines. Haven't flown it yet but been told real life experiences of the much hyped 787 "Dreamliner" are a world apart from the PR photos.

That's cos you sit in the wrong seat.

3842378_orig.jpg

Stops people jacking up.

I have a vague recollection of seeing it flying somewhere near Cardiff back on the 80s think it had been to LIAT!
Also remember watching Double Eagle 2 as it crossed over Devon prior to landing in France.

I'm not sure whether this is one of those false memories, but I saw that fly over London. I was on a demo. We started chanting "what shall we do with Ronald Reagan...... come the revolution - stick him in a shuttle and take the tiles off". Did that actually happen?

I'm not sure whether this is one of those false memories, but I saw that fly over London. I was on a demo. We started chanting "what shall we do with Ronald Reagan...... come the revolution - stick him in a shuttle and take the tiles off". Did that actually happen?
The timeline wouldn't be right in my opinion. The problem with the tiles wasn't known til 1986!

Aeroscopia Toulouse. Next to Airbus. A Super Guppy and two Concordes. Just for starters.

IMG_2163.JPG IMG_2167.JPG

Fancy a four seat fighter/ private jet?
Or home build Routan twin jet VariVigan?

IMG_2207.JPG IMG_2212.JPG IMG_2222.JPG

Or the A400 M transport?

Back
Top Bottom